.22 rifles

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Idlefellow, We hunted more squirrels than rabbits in southeast Alabama where I grew up. I think our landscape is much more bushy and hilly which might account for it. We still have lots of doves in the fall still, but not as many as use to be. Quail are virtually gone now. Habitat they thrive in is about gone. Darn shame as they are far better eating than doves to me. 60 years or so ago, all our deer were about gone and there were no
coyotes. Today we have way too many of both. Season allows 2 doe and one buck per DAY and we still have them everywhere. Not as much farming now so they eat what they can find, but most look hungry. Very sad. Coyotes are considered a pest and can be hunted during daylight only year round and no limit.

As far as you finding another Savage Model 24, go to Gunbroker.com. Huge auction sight in Georgia . I bet you can find one there.

Yes, also Buds Gun Shop online has several for sale. Looks like they are running between $4/500 now. Think I paid under a hundred for mine back in the late 70's, lol. Sure wish I had kept it. Interesting fact that it was introduced as the Stevens model 24 in 1938 and stayed in production till 2010 under Savage. A 72 year run. Impressive.

Yeah; thanks. Aware of most of the places I could find one if I were of a mind - I'm not. I regret passing on that one years ago, but the urge to find another passed a long time ago.