April Showers...OF DESTRUCTION::: BOB Bombing Run

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MichaelM":uhynpcgf said:
I seem to have somehow gotten caught in crossfire. :scratch:  
I had ordered a tool for my fly rod hobby, and when I came home last night my wife said there was a package.  I was tired and assumed it was the tool I had ordered.  Today I come home and there are now 4 packages.  One was clearly the tool, and two others I thought I had a reasonable explanation for, but #4 was odd...very odd.
Despite the care I took in opening, it exploded with a violence of tobbaco.  The shock wave set off the other two, and I am sitting in a small pile of rubble trying to sort this out.  
They wouldn't.  How could they?  I should place the bunker on high alert, but this has to be some sort of mistake...
I'll have time for a few pictures tomorrow night or Saturday.   But I dont want to take too much attention from the real target...this has to be a mistake...
You are a sneaky wonderful bunch!
Time will tell if you get the results of a split bombing (say 3-9 bombs) or the full 18 or so. . . .

As the old saying goes, 'duck and cover' just in case!

The missile tracking system seems to be having problems. When I check status, I get no acceptance or progress besides a lone arrival and departure from a regional tracking center Wednesday. I am not sure if my bomb will be on time or be a delayed hit.

INCOMING! (I think)

Fr_Tom":nta5511c said:
The missile tracking system seems to be having problems. When I check status, I get no acceptance or progress besides a lone arrival and departure from a regional tracking center Wednesday. I am not sure if my bomb will be on time or be a delayed hit.

INCOMING! (I think)
That's still better than mine, it doesn't even seem to be in the system yet!

I had something in the system headed to the church this week, and the tracking said it was out for delivery in Cincinnati. i contacted the vendor to make sure the shipping address was correct since I am not located in Cincinnati. It was correctly shipped.

The next day, it was on the right truck again, and it finally arrived.

I guess the lessons here are "Better late than never," or maybe "Good things come to those who wait."

Blackhorse":g4geoq80 said:
Out For Delivery

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
OMG, mine too. I swear I thought it was going to be a Saturday bomb.

Got a call from my CO with an update on conditions back at the bunker.  9 more direct hits.  She said she is headed to her sister's house, I assume to seek shelter. I'll have to deal with the destruction on my own after work...

My tracking system declared hit and now boots on the ground have given confirmation. Awaiting full accounting of bombing.

Badda Bing...

Badda...

boom.gif

gravel":b6l2jbx9 said:
I'm proud I could serve the squadron as a decoy. :)

Yeah, but it's also pretty scary! Especially if you are hit by more than one!

Intial damage report: situation not good.
9 additional bombs awaited me on my return from work.  Sorry I didn't get before pics on the early shots.  I was too shocked to think

imag0612.jpg

imag0611.jpg

As you can see, there has been overwhelming damage.  And I am honestly at a loss for words.  It took me nearly two hours to open and catalog all this!  I promise a list tomorrow after I have had time to recover and type up one.
Your generosity has humbled me, and I'm proud to fly with you all...assuming I can find my plane under all this baccy!
Mike.