What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought this on eBay said it was a stanwell 907. Does anyone recognize this crown stamp on the stem as stanwell . Says royal danish 907 stamped on bottom briar.
1000000885.jpg

I bought this on eBay said it was a stanwell 907. Does anyone recognize this crown stamp on the stem as stanwell . Says royal danish 907 stamped on bottom briar.View attachment 19317
Looks very much like the stamp for Danish Natural, a Stanwell second.
The link below is a good source for stamp identification. Pipedia is also helpful.

http://www.pipephil.eu/logos/en/index-en.html

Correction: closer examination makes it Royal Danish, also Stanwell. Jim probably recognized the name and mark immediately. I had to look up the maker's mark. Danish Natural is a very similar mark but more rudimentary. I'm learning, bit by bit..

I'm just digging myself a deeper hole here...🙄

Last edited:
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Ready Rubbed in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. The Braves-Red Sox game starts soon. Just finished cleaning a few pipes.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_340billard.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-Red Sox game.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a straight smooth brown 1960s-70s BBB Own Make 506 Canadian with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
BBB_Own Make 506 Canadian.jpg

Off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Enjoyed light, low calorie snacking, and smoked a bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Good Morning!
It's a beautiful morning which is forecast to be followed by a few days of intermittent rain and thunderstorms! We finished chores and I'm enjoying GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with coffee.

I finished the tomato bed yesterday evening and squeezed in a Pride filled with D&R A. B. Rimboche before eating a dinner salad topped with chicken and feta. We ended the day with a gentle fire in the fireplace, I had a Rob Roy filled with GLP Westminster and a glass of box wine.

Good morning once again, friends.
This morning I smoked a bowl of GL Pease Quiet Nights from my Dr. Grabow Grand Duke. This blend smells smokey and rich like my beef jerky marinade. It tastes like a shelf full of old books married to a campfire with just a little perfume. Fine green tea is my drink.
Had a wonderful dinner and movie with my wife last night. Don't bother watching Disney's centennial celebration movie, Wish. We found it to be really quite bad.

Attachments

• 20240605_073835.jpg
    20240605_073835.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0