What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke High Hat in an undated black sandblasted straight made in France Silvermatch Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Off to work, now.
Silver Match_Canadian.jpg

Enjoyed a big and tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to The Challenge of the Yukon from my radio collection. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

Now smoking Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay. Listening to Vic and Sade from my radio collection.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Near the last quarter of this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I should end the end with this smoke. Been feeding my cats and the ferals. Abner the Eager showed up today, sad and extra hungry. Hadn't seen him in a couple of days or so. His right front leg has improved, but he still favored it. At least he's getting better.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Relaxed a bit after four wonderful half pound cheeseburgers and freshly made hand cut fries with oatmeal raisin cookies, and a bowl of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. I just finished smoking Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 2003 smooth full bend, gold banded 3 Star Ferndown Tudor Root with a black acrylic tapered stem. Hadn't smoked this pipe in quite a while. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
View attachment 19350
I love this shape, it's very organic and lends itself to many pipe styles, Zulu, Horn, Yachtsman, even Dublin. I bought my Horn meer to include something sharing this shape in my collection.

Attachments

• SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jacksie and I are back on speaking terms, and we're outside while I enjoy KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Jensen N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem. I'm drinking Folger's Colombian and reading Supercommunicators by Charles Duhigg. The weatherman is forecasting a beautiful day here in the Bluegrass. But rain or shine, BoBs, let's have a great day!
20240318_151635.jpg

Good Morning!
I slept in this morning and only had to feed the two layer flocks when I got up. Now it's time for coffee and an MM Apple Diplomat filled with GLP Westminster. It's a cloudy morning with rain in the forecast, a good day to tidy up the house. Archie and Billy Scamper are playing with a toilet paper tube stuffed with the wrapping paper of the fresh roll!

Good morning fellow BoBs. Starting with CS Choctaw in a Pete Pub and a mug of hot cowboy coffee. Another scorcher today, high 90s. Sure glad we don't live in the valley. 110 down there. Not much on the schedule today. Waiting for the plumber to come replace a couple of outdoor hose bibs. Would do it myself but I'm at the age where I don’t feel like crawling around under the house. Maybe go see the horses this afternoon. Have a great day everyone.

Good evening my fellow BoBs.
I don't know if it's just me but, I'm having problems with the BoB app on my phone today, A lot of times it wasn't working, and when it did, I tried to post a few times, and it just wasn't having it.
Anyway, I've just loaded some Erinmore in a Falcon, fitted with a 2" tall chimney. Which should take me up to dinner time (or there abouts).
Have a great day my friends 😊
20230609_162546.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Feeding ferals.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Good Morning!
I slept in this morning and only had to feed the two layer flocks when I got up. Now it's time for coffee and an MM Apple Diplomat filled with GLP Westminster. It's a cloudy morning with rain in the forecast, a good day to tidy up the house. Archie and Billy Scamper are playing with a toilet paper tube stuffed with the wrapping paper of the fresh roll!
Wish you'd have gotten a photo of that. Glad to see that those scampers haven't changed much. :)

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star 50th, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Planned on some C&D Steamworks 2023 today and decided it was time to try it in one of my more expensive pots (from Marty Pulvers). It's a GBD Collector Virgin London Made with perspex stem. I have found a very good first time combination, having tasted new things on the initial light. So far, it is going well and this holds a good bit of tobacco, so I will be busy a while.
20240606_142812.jpg