What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins and a golden delicious apple for lunch. Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star mmmMocha, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Insurance gives you peace of mind until you file a claim!
I had a break and enter a few years back, lost $3000 bicycle,$1500 winter work gear and garage repair bill. I learned that it's pointless to make a claim on less that a complete loss. After the dust settled and I calculate my rate increases over the next three years I realized I was paying them 750 to make the claim, above my losses!

Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken primavera and sugar snap peas dinner with the rest of the strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

About a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

After a long frustrating day and a small single pizza dinner, relaxing with CS Baker Street in a Bjarne blasted bent billiard with tea on the side. This is an okay blend, sort of so so, but it's growing on me. However, it's definitely not on a par with McClelland 221 Baker Street, which I wish was still around. Good evening BoBs.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have about a third of a bowl left of Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Dublin Sterling Canadian 264 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I got John Brandt to make this for me. It’s not on the menu, but he’ll make you a batch if you ask.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. Just fed Tomato the Brave and now our cats are eating. I managed to get Molly Danger out of the bedroom for a change to eat. I don't think she was overly thrilled about it, but she likes being with us. I put Sam the Scamp and Long Tail in lock down so we could spend a little time with her.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Rangers game. I may end the day early.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Good morning my friends.
Up at the crack of dawn today, which is very rare for me. But Mrs Z will be out all day, so it was a matter of her getting me up, before she left, or me being stuck in bed all day. I chose the latter, so as I could smoke away, until my hearts content. And so my friends, my first smoke will be EMP in a Dr Plumbs Quintex. Ahhhhh the freedom 🤭
20220724_132613.jpg

Jacksie and I are outside, and I'm enjoying the ritual: KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Jensen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem, a cup of Folger's Colombian coffee, and Matt Labash's Fly Fishing with Darth Vader, which frequently causes me to laugh out loud.
17182858342565889123072391495277.jpg

Last edited: