What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have a third of a bowl left of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink. Have enough left for a cup or two. Watching the Guardians stage a big comeback, and they are leading the Royals 7-5 in the 8th. Got a whole bunch of Per G. Jensen DFK, and Bold&Strong (Rustica) bulk today. Dunno what to do with it all since it's more than I'll smoke.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Blissful cool morning at the course today, about 55F. I'm an autumn person and this made my day. Enjoyed several bowls of CH in a cob and bumbled around happily. Home now with a bowl of Velvet in my Gent, I like this pipe, too. Not as classy as my Cobbler. though.

@Swede I would seriously consider growing my own tobacco if I was on a small rural acreage. My home is on a 40 by 150 lot in the city core and not a good neighbourhood. It would be a recipe for anarchy. It's a nice dream, though. :unsure:

Attachments

• watch-this-space.gif
    watch-this-space.gif
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Did a set of walking reps in the 105 degree heat index, and am just finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Plenty of ice water and bergs is my drink. Tomato the Brave did a little walking with me while Harry the Hairy stood guard at the end of my drive way. I picked up Tomato and brought him in the eat. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' on her blanket, and Abner the Eager is snoozin' on m'lady's lap. Sleep Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' in the bedroom.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough left for one more smoke.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_340billard.jpg

Jack Kirby would have been 107 today. He was more than a great comic book editor/writer/artist. He influenced generations of comics creators, film makers, and fans as a never ending fountain of concepts that have touched all corners of this planet. To those of us who knew him, Jack was even more important as a kind, thoughtful, generous, loving, irreplaceable friend. Whatever we gave him, he gave more to us.

Jim&Kirby_1991-1.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two sword fish steaks and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Twins game with Sleepy Suzy by my side. Molly Danger with on m'lady's lap. All of the ferals are outside.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Dublin Sterling Canadian 264 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling264 .jpg

Now smoking year 2020 D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Working and listening to The Green Hornet from my radio collection. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock263.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and half way through this bowl of 2018 Sutliff Walnut Match in a 1990s smooth brown medium bend briar calabash shaped Butz-Choquin Maitre Pipier JR Fait Main with a horn ferrule and a black vulcanite stem. Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave are inside eating wet food. Harry the Hairy is eating dry food outside. Didn't see Abner the Eager.
Butz-Choquin_Maitre_PipierJR _hornMM.jpg

A third of a bowl left of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a year 2021 straight black sandblasted Peterson Ragaire 150 bulldog with an unmounted army mount tapered acrylic cumberland fish tail stem. Never got to read baseball box scores because I've spent so much time with the ferals. Abner the Eager showed up, and he's inside eating, but Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave are not thrilled by it. Sleepy Suzy is by my side looking at them, and is probably wondering when I'm going to put them out.
Peterson_Ragaire_bulldog150 .jpg