What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2016 Sutliff Revelation Match in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII Kingsway (Comoy’s) London Made 61 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Kingsway_Canadian61.jpg

Attachments

• Comoy's_Kingsway_Canadian61.jpg
    Comoy's_Kingsway_Canadian61.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 0
Finished work for the day, fed all the ferals, and am close to finishing this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' in the studio. Abner the Eager is snoozin' on m'lady's chair. Tomato the Brave is just sitting in the den, and looking around the room. He is easily bored. Harry the Hairy wouldn't eat until I picked him up, and held him, silly little fella. He looks bigger than he is because of all the fur, and I don't think he's any bigger than Abner.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Carter Hall in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 437/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Daisy the Feral Princess wanted seconds, and she wanted a different we food than she ate about a half hour ago. Being imperial as she is, she got her way. :) I'm getting ready to read baseball box scores.
4AB_Rust_left437.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a smooth dark brown post-WWII Comoy’s Grand Slam 340 patent billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough left for one more smoke.
View attachment 21132

Jack Kirby would have been 107 today. He was more than a great comic book editor/writer/artist. He influenced generations of comics creators, film makers, and fans as a never ending fountain of concepts that have touched all corners of this planet. To those of us who knew him, Jack was even more important as a kind, thoughtful, generous, loving, irreplaceable friend. Whatever we gave him, he gave more to us.

View attachment 21133
That is a golden picture Jim thanks for sharing (y):love:

Good morning fellow BoBs. It's cheating Thursday with a short bowl of Urban Cowboy in a Pete Kinsdale Rhodesian with a mug of CR coffee. Taste is a bit off, probably due to the radiology treatments, but still good. Jim, just kidding about the tobacco, have more than I will likely ever smoke, especially now that I have to cut back somewhat. BTW, I have 3 meers by I. Baglin, all great smokers. Have a great day my friends. Time to head off to the radiology center.
How do you make Urban Cowboy? I have plenty of Cowboy Coffee, is that the main ingredient?

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' under a blanket in the bedroom.
View attachment 21148
Very nice pipe Jim. I really like the Canadian shape, the medium size, not the king size. I have a few post WW2 Canadians. I actually have a Dr. Plumb Extra Canadian too. That is my Prince Albert pipe.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Woke up to find that the air conditioning unit is working, but no cool air is coming out. Not a good day for that to happen.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Having Granger topped with remnant Stonehenge in an MM Pride bent apple with Sencha/matcha freen tea mixed with Gatorade. Going to finish it in this 98F heat, then retreat to a cool area inside to finish work on my husky chainsaw. I'd like to start it today with the new Echo Red armor gas mix to see how she runs.

Home for the August long week-end. Reasonable temps this weekend, hopefully I can get some rest. My second work cob caved today, I
m debating whether to buy two at my old tobacconist tomorrow to see me through the season. Or I may just stop smoking at work for the time being. Regardless, I'm going to fill my Re-Gent (replaced original stem)with some Borkum Riff to have with my cold coffee.

Attachments

• MM Re-Gent.JPG
    MM Re-Gent.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0