What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having an after dinner (KFC chicken 😉 and a bit of old time cooking pear cobbler) bowl of Amphora Original mixed with Old Dark Fired (it is dark fired tobacco harvest time here) in a B.G. Pipes house sitter from college days. Busch NA beer is my drink.
20240918_180703.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Looking forward to a Friday off diet day because m'lady is making something special and very calorie laden to eat. I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2004 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored tapered lucite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Phillies-Brewers game.
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

spent time on the deck this afternoon. Had a bowl of "orient express" followed bY "gentleman caller". The former in my Lewis armadillo. the latter in my tim West brandy. these two pipes have risen to the top of my rotation, I apparent;y really like deer tongue. I remember having "Crooner" years ago. If it's still availible, I'll have to get some. Anyhow, have a great one,guys.

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2012 St. James Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Tanshell octagonal paneled EK F/T billiard with a square shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. I'm looking at something I never thought I would see: Tomato the Brave jumped up on m'lady's chair while Abner the Eager is snoozin' there. M'lady is as surprised as I am since those two do not get along with each other. I wonder how long this will last.
Dunhill_1968Tanshell_Billiard.jpg

Almost half way through this bowl of year 2013 Germain’s Plum Cake in an undated, unbranded straight lattice meerschaum military mount with a silver cap and tapered yellow acrylic stem. Age has really fermented this blend. It's stronger and fruitier than when I have smoked it fresh. Watching the Yankees-Mariners game. To finish the Tomato the Brave and Abner the Eager story from my last post: both were happy until Abner woke up and saw Tomato close to him on m'lady's chair. To avoid a potential argument, I fed Tomato his wet food earlier than usual. M'lady held Abner so he wouldn't go to the kitchen. Abner doesn't get wet food, and Tomato only does twice a day... sometimes three times. After Tomato ate, he came to me, and jumped on my lap for attention and a snooze. He just got up, so I was able to write this post.
Unbranded MM meer.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R Penhooker Silver in an early smooth brown Radice Tiger Eye G medium bend bulldog with a bamboo-style carving on the shank with a two dot black acrylic stem. Testing this pipe for a ghost. The Radice that I smoked earlier had a light ghost that can be burned out fairly quickly once I decide what to smoke in it. Seems that I can say the same thing for this one so far.
Radice TigerEyeG_bulldog.jpg

Enjoyed another tasty golden delicious apple, and am a third of the way hrough this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I should be able to end the day with this smoke. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. It's raining again, so I knew I wouldn't see the little fella. I don't think I've ever seen a more gentle, easy going animal than Abner. I wish we could find him the kind of home that he deserves.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Abner_BBSnooze1.jpg

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs 😊.
It's another lovely day here in Ye Merry olde England today, however it is forecast for a thunderstorm later on this evening. So I'm going to set up a few cameras, hoping to catch some of the lightning show. But that's for later, right now it a bowl of Rangers Urban Cowboy in a Butz Choquin Rodeo and a cuppa Rosie lee. As I peruse the latest offers on pipes, from my tobacconist.
I hope everybody has a great day 😊
20230731_131714.jpg

No idea if I mentioned this earlier, but I had back surgery on Monday. They sent me home yesterday. I think the 100' walk around the back of the house so I could avoid stairs about killed me in its own way.

Sitting at the table having coffee. I don't think I'll be posting much for a few days. There is literally no position that is comfortable.

No idea if I mentioned this earlier, but I had back surgery on Monday. They sent me home yesterday. I think the 100' walk around the back of the house so I could avoid stairs about killed me in its own way.

Sitting at the table having coffee. I don't think I'll be posting much for a few days. There is literally no position that is comfortable.
Friend, take care and get well soon.

I had a great surprise from the postie this morning. A very large package from America, stuffed full of various tobacco. A wonderful gift from ralphmcculley. Thank you so much buddy. And so without further ado, I'm going to fill a bowl of Cowboy Coffee in a Petersons Zippo collaboration billard, and thank God for the day I joined this awesome forum. Have a great day my friends, and once again thank you Ralph
20230906_133045.jpg
20230906_133245.jpg

Good morning BoB,
This morning I smoked a bowl of G.L. Pease Quiet Nights. I liked this blend much more this time versus the last time I smoked it. Some blends to get better every time. I'll be going to Levanworth Washington this weekend with my wife and in-laws.

Feel better real soon.