What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. No improvement on my foot, so no walking reps today.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Following and capping off a late lunch, I'm having my next to last bowl of 2022 C&D Carolina Red Flake in a smoky MM General with forever stem. Drinking Barry's Irish tea with extra honey and some milk on a 57F day outside in my wool sweater. One thing I like about cobs is their ruggedness without much maintenance and they tend to smoke to the very bottom to ash without much fiddling. I especially like this large bowl as @Ranger107 said I would.
20241015_131041.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Have enough for one more batch.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Now smoking year 2020 C&D Virginia Flake in an undated (1970s?) unbranded straight paneled sandblasted Tanshell Dunhill second with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Paid twenty bucks for this pipe in 1981. Smokes as well as a “proper” Dunhill. Haven't smoked it in a while, but my discussion with a friend prompted me to do it.
Dunhill_Tanshell_reject.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. This is an excellent clencher, and has more balance than one might think. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Haven't seen Tomato the Brave last night or today. Harry the Hairy was here as usual, and I gave him some attention. He really does need a home where he can be indoors, which he truly wants. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' by my feet. Abner the Eager is snoozin' under the kitchen table. I cleaned a few pipes, and am relaxing.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

A cool 40's F this am with a projected high of 63. My first real relaxing bowl in several days. The last day off, so several things to check off later. C&D Steamworks 2024 in a Briarworks C91 crimson blast with acrylic amber stem with smoke rolling out. Plain ole tap water to drink. Did anyone see the Northern lights days ago?
View attachment 22279
Yup.
1729030960894.jpeg

Now smoking year 2010 Mac Baren Burley London Blend in a smooth medium bend 2011 Rinaldo Collection Fiammata Silver Line 7 Odea 04 flame grain bulldog with a silver band and a tortoise shell acrylic saddle stem. This may get me to dinner time.
Rinaldo Silver Line 7 Odea 04 bulldog .jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, orange roughy and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 Strang in a 2003 smooth light brown medium bend straight grain Ardor Venere Extra signed by Dorelio Rovera Dublin with a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Guardians-Yankees game with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
Ardor Venere Extra Strang Dublin.jpg

Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a straight smooth brown undated Gesandt Canadian Made in England with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe was originally owned by Poul Schluter, who was the Prime Minister of Denmark from 1982-1993. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Gesandt.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. This is an excellent clencher, and has more balance than one might think. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Haven't seen Tomato the Brave last night or today. Harry the Hairy was here as usual, and I gave him some attention. He really does need a home where he can be indoors, which he truly wants. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' by my feet. Abner the Eager is snoozin' under the kitchen table. I cleaned a few pipes, and am relaxing.
View attachment 22315
Jim I love the poker shapes but cant believe I dont have one. Got vest pipes and other nose warmers but have so many pokers/sitters I like that I am just waiting to pull the trigger on (y) love seeing your greats collections as always.

Smoking some carter hall and backwoods red in various cobs and a much need cleaned bent falcon. And as always the MM great dane. While on a pipe smoking,playstation and dolce rosso cask wine bender :ROFLMAO:
Killing zombies and pretending I am tom hanks in "cast away" on "stranded deep" :LOL:(y)