What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After some cleaning, I'm hoping the aro ghost is out. Now smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a straight smooth brown undated Gesandt Canadian made in England with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Dunno who made it, but there's no model number so it probably isn't a Comoy's or Sasieni pipe. This pipe was originally owned by Poul Schluter who was the prime Minister of Denmark from 1982-1993.
Gesandt.jpg

Gesandt_Nom.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2012 Stonehaven in a 2002 medium bend smooth brown Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10 with a black acrylic saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Guardians-Yankees game.
Rinaldo EGEA 03 Silver line spigot 10.jpg

Home again, having EGr in my little Lorenzetti with a beer. Really had no time for a smoke at Mom's. Picking up my nephew was a driving adventure, got lost picking him up and dropping him off. In thirty years, development around the university has literally obscured the landscape I knew. I should have consulted a map beforehand.:rolleyes:
Lorenzetti 84 Avitus.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and just lit up a bowl of year 2010 FVF in a smooth 2002 medium bend eight sided panel top straight grain Rinaldo Collection Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog with a black acrylic stem. This will take a while.
Rinaldo Silver Line F Egea 05 Titania bulldog .jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger are snoozin' with m'lady in her chair. Abner the Eager is on top of my chair after spending a little time on my lap. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' by my feet. Exciting time, huh? ;)
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

'Dayyy from Athens-Greece, we have sun and 77 'F here.
Some of my photos are not good (I don't have tobacco in my pipe, the angle is not right, no proper background etc.) and this is because i often rush to take photos in the cafe. Often my wife is also sitting with me, i tell her to keep the coffee-water in her hand or to put them aside so that i can take a good photo and due to my haste the result is not the best.

pQ9tE3d.jpg

Peterson Old Dublin.

I have recently discovered, and instantly fallen for, Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead Bourbon Barrel Aged.

A fuller mouthful of creamier smoke than your typical all-Virginia, it tastes as if it has aged some already when fresh out of the tin. It IS aged tobacco. It has no casing. It has some natural sweetness almost like toasted marshmallow; a touch of dried fruitiness; and the slightly musky leather flavor that I love. I don’t taste bourbon.

It doesn’t have the typical propensity for hotter, tongue-biting smoke that a typical pure Virginia has, either.

And it’s my preferred medium-nicotine-strength.

The lady of the house doesn’t love the room note, but it is not strong in the room. And I love the taste.

I’ve tried it in a handful of my old briars, and I like it so much that I’m using it to break in my new shire-stemmed cob.

This tobacco is great. It’ll be one of my go-to’s.

IMG_1191.JPG

Any familiarity with it? If so, any recommendations along this profile?

Last edited:
Smoking some ESO Tilbury in my Radice Clear billiard. My best smoking pipe. Perfection. Drinking some black coffee on a chilly fall morning in the Ozarks. Have a great day, everyone.

View attachment 22300
View attachment 22301
View attachment 22302
Great looking pipe! I've considered getting one or two Radice estates, can't afford a new pipe from them ATM. My collection is very heavily Italian, though. Brigham, Rossi, Savinelli, Lorenzetti - it needs fleshing-out.

Delayed post from yesterday. Autumn Evening in a MM 155th Anniversary pipe. The Aromatic blend just smokes smooth, but with not much flavor. I guess that's all I get; better than sour and tongue bite, I guess.

Looking forward to my taste buds getting back to normal. Seems every time I get in a groove with some blends, everything upends on me. Guess that argues for a large cellar ;-)

The Horror!

20241014_130634.jpg

Great looking pipe! I've considered getting one or two Radice estates, can't afford a new pipe from them ATM. My collection is very heavily Italian, though. Brigham, Rossi, Savinelli, Lorenzetti - it needs fleshing-out.
I don’t think you’d be disappointed. I’ve had several and all have been high quality and excellent smokers. The one in the photo is my only one at the moment. I marvel at it every time I smoke it. It is on par or better than castellos I have paid twice as much for.