What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three Star Blue in my restored Grabow Freehand, great pipe for this wonderful blend. These last few batches of this blend has more good flake than it use to. A HAPPY MISTAKE :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Edward G Robinson blend in a Falcon pipe with a dark brown sandblasted chimney bowl

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Starting off my smoking day - and birthday - with a bowl of Stonehaven in a 1998 smooth medium bend Peterson Limerick 69 with a nickel band with a black vulcanite p-lip stem. A bottle of Sprite is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.

Even though it's not night time:

C&D Bayou Night bulk blend in my Savinelli Series III unfinished Billiard pipe

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now enjoying Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 1982 black sandblasted paneled slight bend Savinelli flat bottom sitter with a black vulcanite stem.

Granger, over 35 years old in my original Yello-Bole Pug pipe. The two go together :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

D&R London Dock in a 1990 smooth medium bend Nording freehand sitter with a wider top than bottom that also has a ridge and a narrower bowl resembling an upside down spout, with an amber colored lucite stem with cream swirls.

I am smoking McLintock Il Camino while reading about the sign in the : St Leonard & St Dilpe Landulph Cornwall England.

2320722508ecfad8a00069282ef69e05d4aa559d.jpg

There is an english video to help you learn more about it: https://youtu.be/3N_NhLxpW6w

Manuel II Palaeologus arrived in the courtyard of the Henry D' in December 1400.
According to historian Donald Nicol, Paleologos attracted the attention of the aristocracy of London and admiration of intellectuals. In history have stayed at Christmas 1400 in England when "the leader of the Greeks taught that the truth of Orthodoxy is the faith in love, reminding us that the ancient Greeks taught that: "Pan Metron Ariston" ,to come to St. John Chrysostom supplement that "Pan Metron Ariston, the Man" giving the first glimpse of the Renaissance" he said in a historic speech of Sir Steven Runciman, the most famous Byzantine scholar of the 20th century.
Unfortunately he did not get any support or by the English king nor the leaders of Castile, Portugal and Aragon met later in Paris.

"Pan Metron Ariston" is a Greek wisdom from 600 BC, can translated "in everything, the virtues is the excellent" which means "in every part [section] of your life to have the virtue is the best of all".

Captain Earle's Ten Russians aged 4 years

Pipe of choice: Kaywoodie chubby hand carved pot with a wide stem, restored to mint condition.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

About a third of the way through this bowl of MacBaren Acadian Perique in a 2002 black short shank grain relief straight Caminetto 6.L.17 with a black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my evening drink.

My Budd II in one of my restored Viking pipes with a smooth Apple Bowl

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

MacBaren Burley London Blend in a 2015 three quarter bend two tone Chacom UPO Rouge squashed tomato with a black acrylic stem and shank.

Newminster #400 Superior Navy Flake in my restored Wally Frank Oom Paul pipe. Oom Paul pipes and flake are a great match in my opinion.
One of my favorite Oom Paul pipes, so I want to share a picture. Extremely crisp nomenclature with some exquisite carving.
rb7W96i.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Now smoking MacBaren Vanilla Cream Loose Cut in a 1976 black rough carved Pioneer Meerschaum Oom Paul with a brown acrylic stem.

...final pipe of the day...Sutliff Red Ribbon in a P&T 2007 POY Savinelli blast Bulldog... :cheers:

Preparing and letting air dry for 30 minutes:

Gawith Hoggarth Rum Twist Unsliced in my sandblasted Aldo Velani Brandy bowl with an oval shank and a nice wide stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

About a third of the way through this bowl of D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 with a black vulcanite stem.

Revisiting a blend that I didn't particularly care for and finding it a bit better after a long spell in a jar and a proper decanting, Sam Gawith Chocolate Flake in a Peterson S Holmes quarter bent bulldog

Just finished smoking D&R Raccoon’s Accent in a smooth medium bend straight grain 2000 Winslow C silver spigot wide top Dublin with a canted plateau and black acrylic stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.