What music do you listen to keep the black dog away?(Depression)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vivaldi's Four Seasons or Bach's Brandenburgs always lighten my mood. Musically I'm mostly just an old folkie but there's not a lot of stuff I like that you'd call mood enhancing!

Willie Nelson - Phases and Stages (1974) is another one that was recorded wonderfully. It's not one I hear about all that often, but geez is it ever an album that feels warm and cozy under a blanket in front of a fireplace popping and crackling. One that understandably could give ease of mind.

The Oscar Mayer weiner/bologna songs always cheer me up too. But you have to sing along.

Singed I got a great giggle from the barber clip :ROFLMAO: I am a huge toneloc fan and it was probably only in the last few years I could understand his reference to OMW in that song being from Australia. I knew it had something to do with a wee wee but yeah :LOL:

Today is RUOK? day here so I hope all my brothers and sisters and your family are :)

R U OK?Day is our National Day of Action dedicated to reminding everyone that every day is the day to ask, 'are you OK?' and support those struggling with life's ups and downs. R U OK?Day is marked on the second Thursday of September and the next R U OK?Day is Thursday 12 September 2024.

1726107824466.png

Last edited:
I have been a bit flat,down and depressed recently due to things going on. Nothing major but put on some sea shanty's and it lifted my mood and took me to the deck of a pirate ship arrrrr.
I have a this sticker on my car,

View attachment 21287
and live by this mantra,

View attachment 21288

This is my go to,

Just wondering what music you listen to when you need a moral lift to get out of the doldrums?

If you like shanties, have you tried The Dreadnaughts? They’re one of my favorites.

This has been a recent favorite.

I have a really eclectic music taste, but some of my recurring favorites are Colter Wall, Tom Waits, First Aid Kit, Ben Caplan, Willie Watson, The White Buffalo, Dave Stamey… I could go on and on.

If you like shanties, have you tried The Dreadnaughts? They’re one of my favorites.

This has been a recent favorite.

I have a really eclectic music taste, but some of my recurring favorites are Colter Wall, Tom Waits, First Aid Kit, Ben Caplan, Willie Watson, The White Buffalo, Dave Stamey… I could go on and on.

OMG RR amazing thanks mate I am on it cheers

It’s a few years old, but never fails:

Maierar I never in a million years though I would be into classical but was on a property as ringer/farmhand way way outwest many years ago and had bugger all music and a thing came in the mail for a monthly subscription to a 10 CD classical music collection. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed it and also put it on sometimes now to chill, loved that clip cheers.

I read once that violin music had a higher megahertz that causes us to be more alert, etc. I have used it when driving to relieve fatigue and it helped.
I use to play violin music when I did my calculus and statistics homework.

Somehow it helped. Of that I am certain.