What music do you listen to keep the black dog away?(Depression)

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can't be in a bad mood singing this to your animals.
I know they're smiling watching a 6 foot, 220lbs, 66 year old man dancing around in muck boots and a Carhartt jumpsuit.
On a good day I even dance the routine.
Been trying to get the ducks to join in as my dance crew.

Willie Nelson - Phases and Stages (1974) is another one that was recorded wonderfully. It's not one I hear about all that often, but geez is it ever an album that feels warm and cozy under a blanket in front of a fireplace popping and crackling. One that understandably could give ease of mind.
Couldnt find the full album anywhere mate but here's a few.

Wagner, Suk, Strauss. The beauty and emotion I find in classical and opera is comforting to me. I also go for near anything from the late 90s and early 2000s as its nostalgic to me. Though some think it politically incorrect, music from the IRA cheers me up.
Old time radio and shows such as The Andy Griffith Program are also good for my heart. Escapism to a time I perceive as having been better, though I did not experience it.
Are these ok mate.

Who me? Well, OK.

I get joy from watching/listening to young women who start out on various “talent” shows (AGT, AM IDOL, the VOICE, etc.) and are amazing re talent & performance.

Try Angelina Jordan who started out at about 6 y.o. on the Norway show and ended up in the USA. She does blues, jazz and modern. When she sings a Billie Holiday song she IS Billie Holiday. Same when she does Ella Fitzgerald, etc. She’s like 20 y.o. now and has a long list of stuff to listed to. Stunning.

Then there’s Jackie Evancho (both as young and as current age), Sara James, Connie Talbot, Gala, Abi Carter (recently as adult), Lucy Thomas, etc.

Ooops, messed up on that one. It's her second https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_(Björk_album)
Please let me know if anyone's I didn't get quite right. PM me if your not sure how to post them up or with other suggestions (y)
It saddens and gladdens me this thread has had over 1k views, your not alone,just remember that.(y)
So I thought I would post some of your guys awesome suggestions on happy uplifting music that you and anyone else will get uplifted by. :love:
This one really resonates for me and is in my top 5 songs of all time.Thanks Ranger.(y)

Along with 3 of Johney cashs, not putting them up just cause I love them, they make me feel happy weird I know :rolleyes:(y)

Last edited: