What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am near the last quarter of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg

Now smoking Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Working and listening to The Great Gildersleeve from my radio collection.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of 1970s Heine's Blend in the second pipe I ever bought, a 1974 three quarter bend black sandblasted Dr. Grabow Omega military mount with a nickel band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Never smoked this pipe that much because of the tight draft hole. I seldom ever got a pipe cleaner through the stem. My friend did a great job in fixing the problem, and not only does the stem look like it did fifty years ago, but it smokes better than ever.
Dr.Grabow_Omega_ Sandblast.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem. This was the first “Bing” that Basil made. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Bing1 copy.jpg

Sorry to hear about your plucker. Is it a spool or a drum?
It's a Yardbird drum plucker about ten years old. I've used it for chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys. Over the last two years I've replaced all the fingers so I'd like to get a few more years out of it. Today's birds are a friend's whose in between properties and is using some of my land, he brought over his plucker, same make and model!

Cool and overcast this morning. Perfect morning for Skiff Mixture in a sweet little sandblasted straight apple with a brindled stem, cuppa sludge on the side. I have absolutely nothing planned, nothing scheduled. I am giddy with delight. I foresee a number of the briar herd getting saddled up today. Charles Mingus and Mr. Johnny Coltrane are currently setting the tone, laying it down so the day, this pipe and this moment meld into a fantastic scramble of blissful, subtly coherent flavors spiced with the bold pure potentiality of anything and everything. Today I am the Emperor of this realm. Cheers to the day, gentlemen.

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs. A much nicer day today in the UK.
So myself and Mrs Z have been out and about, doing various bits & bobs.
But now im home, it's time to have a decent relaxed smoke. So I'm about to fill a Savinelli Tortuga 614, with some Savinelli Leonardo. I hope everyone is having a good day
20230603_153746.jpg