What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished some Casanova in my Falcon meer. Ordered a new vacuum, did the groceries, lunch is nearly ready and I feel a nap coming on.

Attachments

• Falcon Floral Meer.JPG
    Falcon Floral Meer.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Cool and overcast this morning. Perfect morning for Skiff Mixture in a sweet little sandblasted straight apple with a brindled stem, cuppa sludge on the side. I have absolutely nothing planned, nothing scheduled. I am giddy with delight. I foresee a number of the briar herd getting saddled up today. Charles Mingus and Mr. Johnny Coltrane are currently setting the tone, laying it down so the day, this pipe and this moment meld into a fantastic scramble of blissful, subtly coherent flavors spiced with the bold pure potentiality of anything and everything. Today I am the Emperor of this realm. Cheers to the day, gentlemen.
So does that make you Queen for a day, lol.

Hey Trout, hope you know I was kidding with that last post. lol. Back from Honor Guard events. Squeezing in a bowl of CS Bill's Blend in a Stanwell 80s vintage Relief Grain 1/2 bent dublin before we head out to the ranch. Cup a joe on the side.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240525_114031_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240525_114031_Gallery.jpg
    912.9 KB · Views: 0
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple on the side for lunch. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The last of this bag of Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Going to clean a few pipes.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

I have a Rossi Sera 8601. I just love that pipe!
Mine is just beginning to smoke decent. When I got it it had stain in the “chamber”, smoked real nasty. I took it down to bare wood and started over. My last bowl did not have a hiccup the entire length. I put it in the prime time rack.

I took a short nap (thanks to the pain meds!) Smoking a Pete Strand, CH and a mug of DD coffee. While I was sleeping my wife went to get a few things at the supermarket, she came out to find her drivers mirror broken! she was able to pop the shell back on,but the glass is shattered. I just called Chrysler-they only sell the whole unit for 800$. Sadly,it`s a heated,lane warning mirror. I looked at rock auto ,auto zone and nobody has it. I guess ,junk yards and e-bay are my next try. I think it`s going to be pricey. Unfortunately, the min-van will not pass inspection next month with the broken mirror.

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Braves-Pirates are in a rain delay, so I'm watching the Red Sox-Brewers game. The Sox color commentator's voice reminds me a little of the late actor Wayne Rogers.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem. This will get me to dinner time. Braves-Pirates game resumed and the Bucs lead 4-1 in the 8th.
Castello_Sea_Rock.jpg

I'm back from a day-long chess tournament. It's been a long time since my last tournament and there was a lot of rust to knock off. Still, I'm not too disappointed with my results: 1 win, 1 draw, and 2 losses. And I enjoyed all the games. I'm relaxing on the patio with the missus, she with her Cabernet, me with hibiscus tea with vodka. I'm smoking Wilke Royal Admiral in the Peterson's Sherlock Holmes Mycroft. The missus says this blend smells nice.
20240521_214006.jpg

Last edited:
I took a short nap (thanks to the pain meds!) Smoking a Pete Strand, CH and a mug of DD coffee. While I was sleeping my wife went to get a few things at the supermarket, she came out to find her drivers mirror broken! she was able to pop the shell back on,but the glass is shattered. I just called Chrysler-they only sell the whole unit for 800$. Sadly,it`s a heated,lane warning mirror. I looked at rock auto ,auto zone and nobody has it. I guess ,junk yards and e-bay are my next try. I think it`s going to be pricey. Unfortunately, the min-van will not pass inspection next month with the broken mirror.
I think Ford told me that about my F150, but I found the mirror glass as a Ford part number and got it.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the first third of this bowl of first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in a black sandblasted straight 1998 XXX Ashton Pebble Grain lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. Been watching the Dodgers-Reds game with the two scampers snoozin' by my side. As much as I like them, I wish somebody had wanted to give them a home.
AshtonXXX_Pebblegrain.jpg

Off to work with a bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Listening to The Lone Ranger from my radio collection.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Insurance?