What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Zippo Is that some form of exotic windcap?
Hi Singed
The Savinelli Turtuga series has a turtle effect stem and a special cap in the same material, convenient to keep a tobacco filled pipe inside your pocket without spillage.
20240525_220051.jpg

Near the first third of this bowl of Wilke Surbrug’s Crystal Palace in a dark brown smooth straight post-WW2 LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog with a nickel ferrule and tenon with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Just let Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave in to eat. I had to put Sam the Scamp in lock down first, though.
LHS Certified Purex 79 bulldog .jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and have passed the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 72 in a pre-1974 dark brown straight Larus & Brother Co. Signature billiard with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite stem with the initials LCR on the top of the stem. This blend was smoked by Walter Cronkite. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Larus and Brother pot.jpg

Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a late '80s, early 90s small bend medium brown smooth, unbranded Nording pot with a couple small rusticated spots, an amber colored acrylic ferrule and tapered stem in the military mount style. With any luck, I'll be able to end the day with this smoke.
Nording_pot_unbranded.jpg

Mine is just beginning to smoke decent. When I got it it had stain in the “chamber”, smoked real nasty. I took it down to bare wood and started over. My last bowl did not have a hiccup the entire length. I put it in the prime time rack.
I often wonder what that ''pre-carbon" stuff they paint in the bowl actually is. I know they aren't using a pre-smoker" machine like Dr. Grabow used to do. I have a dozen or so of those vintage Grabows that went through the Edgeworth pre-smoke phase. Now that I think about it, when I smoke a brand-new Savinelli or Rossi the first few smokes are pretty bitter. I always put a few bowls of Prince Albert through them before smoking anything else. If I get anymore new Savinelli or Rossi pipes I might just get that stuff out before I smoke them and start fresh.

Good Morning!
After doing chores I loaded an MM Apple Diplomat with GLP Westminster to go along with a cup of coffee. Archie decided to join me!
View attachment 19058
I love cats. They are fascinating creatures. I've been wanting an English Blue Tuxedo cat. I want a male so I can name him Tom! My favorite cartoon growing up were the Fred Quimby 1940s and 50s Tom And Jerry shows.

Good morning BoBs and Happy Sunday. Up early as I have to be at the Legion by 7:30 to help prepare breakfast. So having Round Up in a Sav Hercules 606EX with a mug of CR morning coffee. A pleasant 50 on the patio with blue skies. I can hear the quail in the brush but they haven't come out for breakfast yet. Have a great day my friends.

Good morning,
I just got in from work, another breakfast buffet! These 6 am work days are getting to me! Anyway, smoking a Design/Berlin billiard with CAO moontrance, Mc Cafe k-cup. I called a few junkyards yesterday,not many had her mirror and the ones that did wanted 400+ for it! e-bay is the next stop.

Another coffee, with Casanova in my Falcon meer. My large moka pot for coffee puked yesterday, the coffee basket came apart, no fixing it. Renders the whole pot useless as anything but a paperweight. I still have my small one, much better made ... it only makes a large mug of coffee at a time, though. We need to start a thread just for broken junk around the house.

Attachments

• Falcon Floral Meer.JPG
    Falcon Floral Meer.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0