What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of C&D Virginia Gentleman in a straight smooth dark brown pre-1940s Comoy’s Jost’s Olde English Supreme J299 Canadian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Jost's Old English Supreme J299-Canadian.jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am smoking Wilke Surbrug’s Golden Sceptre in a late 40s, early 50s straight black sandblasted Wagner British Thorn 495 (Comoy’s second) pot with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Listening to Our Miss Brooks from my radio collection.
 Wagner_pot.jpg

Last smoke of the day is year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. Time to feed the ferals.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

Hello JimInks - Just wanted to say this pipe really catches my eye - great lines. Which is odd, as I am usually drawn to more trad shapes. I appreciate how you post pics on the regular of your pipes. Man you can roll through some pipes in one day - impressive lol. Thanks again to you and to all who post pipe pics. I am going to have to up my game and post up some pics. Carry on. :)
I enjoy seeing pics. 🤓

Enjoyed a Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins, and a peach and a golden delicious apple on the side for lunch. I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Virginia Spice in a 1979 pebble relief natural Verona Corallo 3080 Hungarian with a black acrylic saddle stem. Coffee from a freshly opened bag of Gold Star 50th, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Pirates game.
View attachment 19063
Is "Hungarian" the name for this style of pipe. And is it different from an Oom Paul?

Good Morning!
Yesterday was an unusually social day! The friend who's raising some chickens and growing vegetables on our property was over with his pregnant wife to be. While they were working I chatted with an old friend, we met in high school! That was followed by a call from a new friend, @JimInks! My wife got home from work and I found out the neighbors from across the street were coming over for a visit.

The chores are done and I'm enjoying GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with a cup of coffee. It's going to be a cloudy rainy day, I'm planning to pot up some seedlings and will put off planting in the garden beds until tomorrow.

Good Afternoon friends and fellow BoBs.
Well it's a typically wet bank holiday Monday here in blighty, but the sun is trying to make an appearance.
Today I thought I'd start my smokes in a 1964 Dunhill group 4 Shell Briar. This pipe use to belong to my Father, and was his pride and joy. Mainly,
(He would say) because of the rarity of it, as it had a removable bowl. Now I don't know if it's rare or not, and I don't really care. All I know is that it's special to me, as it belonged to my Dad. And it always gives an exceptionally great smoke.
So I'm going to fill it with some Early morning pipe, and wish you all a great day my friends 😊.
Dunhill Shell Briar 1964.jpg
Dunhill Shell Briar .jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave were extra hungry today. Harry the Hairy didn't mind some eats, either.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Three Friars in a rusticated 2001 half bent Nording rhodesian "hunting pipe." This morning is cool, overcast, and languid. Tranquil even. Good old Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters are holding it down on the hifi set up. "Rego Park Blues" is filling the space with just the right down home bluesy meandering jam notes. Perfect setting for a pipe and a cuppa mud, neat. ("neat" - good stuff I'm borrowing that one in honor of you, Mr. JimInks lol)

Good Afternoon friends and fellow BoBs.
Well it's a typically wet bank holiday Monday here in blighty, but the sun is trying to make an appearance.
Today I thought I'd start my smokes in a 1964 Dunhill group 4 Shell Briar. This pipe use to belong to my Father, and was his pride and joy. Mainly,
(He would say) because of the rarity of it, as it had a removable bowl. Now I don't know if it's rare or not, and I don't really care. All I know is that it's special to me, as it belonged to my Dad. And it always gives an exceptionally great smoke.
So I'm going to fill it with some Early morning pipe, and wish you all a great day my friends 😊.View attachment 19082View attachment 19083
Wow - that is truly both a unique and fantastic pipe and it's even more fantastic because it belonged to your father. Super cool.