What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finishing a bowl of new blend. CS Baker Street in a Stanwell Brushed Black pot. Kilt Lifter ale on the side. Reviews say this is a medium to full English. Ɖon't get that. It's a pleasant smoke but not as good as Northwest Trek. Smoked a bit hot at first light but settled down. Will enjoy this but probably won't reorder. Next new try is CS Angry Corrnishman. Good evening BoBs.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Phillies-Cards game.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am off to work with a bowl of Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Wilke Picket’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. This blend is Wall Street with much less perique (10%) than the regular W.S.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Enjoyed a little low calorie snacking, and am smoking year 2020 D&R Penhooker Silver in a straight smooth brown undated pre-Republic Peterson Shamrock 263 Canadian with a nickel band and a tapered black p-lip stem. Listening to Fibber McGee and Molly from my radio collection. We named Molly Danger after Molly McGee. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Shamrock263.jpg

Now smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Reading baseball box scores.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Been reading a lot of differing opinions about Ty Cobb.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Not far from finishing this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Been reading a lot of differing opinions about Ty Cobb.
View attachment 19282
Most of what I know about Cobb is from the Ken Burns "Baseball" documentary, which I watched for the first time recently. It's been a while since I saw the movie "Cobb" with Tommy Lee Jones in the title role, and I'm not sure that I would place that much stock in the Hollywood version of any biography. So, how do opinions vary about Cobb?

Good Afternoon my friends and fellow BoBs.
Well what can I say, after an enforced hiatus from smoking all last week. I'm finally able to have my first smoke, in what seems like an eternity.
I've chosen (to mark this auspicious occasion) with CS Choctaw. Gifted by my great buddy Ranger, thank you my friend.
I've been wanting to try this tobacco for some time, after previously smoking and loving its sister blend Cherokee, gifted by UkuleleDude
So I'm about to load it up in a carved Meershaum, with a nifty little wind cap.
Another pipe formally owned by my Father. Enjoy your day my friends 😊
20240603_133610.jpg

Good morning once again, friends.
I'm back and the anniversary was wonderful. I have trouble sleeping in beds other than mine and thus I havnt slept since last Friday. I usually keep a strict habit of at least 8 hours a night so at this point, nothing seems quite real.
The winds here have peaked at just under 40mph but the Lane BCA I enjoyed on my walk to work still didn't burn hot.