What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Salute from Athens-Greece, we have sun and 85 'F.

CsiYBMr.jpg

DTM Vanilla.
Lovely pipe! Who made it? Is it a reverse Calabash? The "chocolate mint" worry beads are attractive, too.

Mark Twain, in the Cobbler, with Ovaltine Breakfast Blend. This poor pipe is beginning to flake along the weakened section below the visible defect at the rim, it may not be long for this world, not leaking smoke or losing draft yet, though. Until it does, it will remain in service; it is a favourite of mine .
MM C&D Charlestowne Cobbler.jpg

Happy Sunday morning to my BoB friends. Beautiful day here on the mountain. Enjoying the peace and quiet with Hobbits Weed in the Calabresi bent brandy with CR morning coffee. Played fetch with Charlie and now listening to the rhythmic trickling of the waterfall we had built into our berm. Have a great day everyone.

Loaded the MMBB with Byzantium to end my "breakfast". Will be to my mother's for her birthday this afternoon. My brother and his friend rebuilt her back stoop and it is excellent. I will help removing the debris, I'm no carpenter. Chinese food to celebrate!

Attachments

• MMBB.jpg
    MMBB.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Good morning, fellow pipesters. This morning is cool, dead calm, quiet. A day of yard work looms. Got a well aged bowl of Beacon working in a fetching Poul Winslow rusticated paneled poker. Cuppa mud on the side. A choice selection of chill tunes softly plays to usher in the day and to ward off the existential angst. I sense a simple but epic First Breaky just around the corner. Locally made German sausage, eggs, and toast - uncomplicated and delicious fresh faire for sustenance/survival sure, but mainly it's to give one the opportunity for that delightful shoe wheat post-meal sit down Sunday pipe sesh. So yeah that's the score. So it goes.

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. It's almost time for the Braves-A's game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Today is Lou Gehrig day.

A neighbor brought over a package that UPS delivered to 19 instead of 22. They missed the number on the mailbox they walked by to deliver it! I loaded up a Rob Roy with GLP Westminster and we enjoyed the rest of the morning chatting. Three pounds of tobacco and an MM 5th Ave. Diplomat found their proper home, the pipe was supposed to be an Apple but the 5th Ave. is a keeper.

Now watching the IndyCar Detroit Grand Prix with MB HH Pure Virginia in an MM Let Freedom Ring Rob Roy.
Billy likes racing!
1000005179.jpg

Archie prefers lap time.
1000005181.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star 50th, Neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A neighbor brought over a package that UPS delivered to 19 instead of 22. They missed the number on the mailbox they walked by to deliver it! I loaded up a Rob Roy with GLP Westminster and we enjoyed the rest of the morning chatting. Three pounds of tobacco and an MM 5th Ave. Diplomat found their proper home, the pipe was supposed to be an Apple but the 5th Ave. is a keeper.

Now watching the IndyCar Detroit Grand Prix with MB HH Pure Virginia in an MM Let Freedom Ring Rob Roy.
Billy likes racing!
View attachment 19262
Archie prefers lap time.
View attachment 19263

I claim that Billy likes baseball better!! :p

We had some new friends from church over for lunch. My wife is a native of New Mexico and she prepared a couple of dishes in the New Mexican style, using Hatch Chile (if you haven't been, they are mighty particular about their chile). It was both delicious and plentiful. Okay, we pigged out. I'm now relaxing on the patio with a Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem filled with Sutliff Rum & Maple, and drinking iced hibiscus tea. Sir Barksalot of Yorkshire is seated beside me.
20240229_102401.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Uhle’s Blend 71 in a 2018 smooth full bend Peterson Premiere 312 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a black vulcanite saddle stem with a p-lip. This will finish my open stash of it. Watching Big Leaguer starring Edward G. Robinson. He must have hated making this turkey of a movie.
Peterson_Premiere312.jpg

Home from birthday lunch with my mom, brother and his family. Stuffed to discomfort. Downpour the whole way home, the course will be afloat tomorrow, possibly closed for damage control - fine by me, I prefer to work without golfers in the way. SO GLAD I CLEANED MY GUTTERS YESTERDAY!!! Having Casanova in my Bones Dublin.

Attachments

• Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0