What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a bowl of Wilke Blood Red Virginia in a Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem, and had a cup of coffee. Now off to take care of a honey-do.
20240123_150318.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2015 Mac Baren Modern Virginia in a medium bend, smooth dark brown 1950s Peterson 999 Shamrock chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Braves-A's game. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Peterson_999_Rhodesian_Shamrock.jpg

Now smoking year 2021 first production Watch City Simply Orange Virginia in a black sandblast medium bend Peterson POTY 4AB No. 182/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Sam the Scamp and Long Tail were looking for the li'l orange fella a couple of times today. I tried to comfort them as best I could as hearing Sam call for him is a little sad. She'll get over it just as she did with the others for who we found homes. Wish we could find one for Long Tail.
4AB_Sandblast_left.jpg

LTKnee1.jpg

Late afternoon bowl PS Proper English in a Sav Hercules 320EX. Ice water with some of Jim's bergs on the side. Cooled down to a reasonably pleasant 84. Had a good time at the VA even even though it was hot and windy. I burned 5 boxes of burgers, 32 per box, and about 8 bundles of 10 hot dogs. Must have done a fair job as several folks came back for seconds. I was pretty burned out at the end, lol. Good evening BoBs.

It's a drizzly and a little bit cool evening, but Jacksie and and I are cuddled up on the patio with a throw. I'm enjoying Wilke Royal Admiral in a Pete's Mycroft along with Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch Bourbon on ice, while listening to the "Perpetual Chess" podcast.

Attachments

• 20240521_214006.jpg
    20240521_214006.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm at the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Phillies-Cards game. Abner the Eager had been missing for three days. He showed up this evening unable to put any weight on his right front leg as he walked on three legs. And was very, very hungry, and more talkative than I have ever seen. I examined his leg, and he flinched when I checked below his elbow. I don't see any wounds, and the bottom of his paw seems okay.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Off to the studio to start a new and highly detailed Betty and Veronica story with a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Working and listening to a BBC episode of Nero Wolfe.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to The Lone Ranger from my radio collection.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

Enjoyed a light snack, and am smoking Hearth & Home AJ’s Vaper in a pre-1952 Sutliff Falcon 372 (made by Comoy’s) smooth light brown straight bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Listening to The Shadow as I work.
Comoy's_Sutliff_Falcon372_Bulldog.jpg

Finished work for the day, and am smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Time to traffic cop the ferals. I should be able to end the day with this smoke.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg