What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished smoking Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Now smoking year 2016 D&R Two Timer Gold in a straight, black sandblasted pre-1970 Comoy’s Sunrise Etched Grain straight Liverpool 309 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe didn't like Virginia Spice, so I thought I'd try this. Watching the Dodgers-Yankees game.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Liverpool.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in a smooth brown 1976 GBD Seventy Six 256 lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. First of this style that I bought in 1981 as an estate pipe. Until my collection of pipes of this shape expanded, it was one of my most heavily smoked pipes, so I thought I'd revisit it. Excellent smoker. Cleaning a few pipes while I watch the ballgame.
GBD_Lumberman_256.jpg

Ran a few errands this am, picked up four more hermalique jars at Ikea, washed the car, got the wrong part to repair my furnace exhaust. I had a bowl of Oriental Silk in my Bones Dublin while I polished the car afterwards.

I jarred half my newest order, I now have twelve types of tobacco, more than I think I saw at my old tobacconist during my last visit - they shifted very heavily to supporting cigar sales in the last two years and opened a cigar lounge to boot. Pipes are welcome but their pipe tobacco menu is a quarter of what it was.

Anyway, I'm deliberating what new tobacco to try this evening and I'm leaning towards Star of the East, most likely in the MMBB.
Hope you like it better than I did. I found it rather disappointing. Take it slow or it will bite you. Look forward to your assessment.

Good evening BoBs. Had a long busy day. Out to the ranch 3 times to give Cochise meds and clean up his stall. Now trying a new blend, CS Angry Cornishman in a Charaton made Mountbatten bent billiard. Some no name peanut whiskey from Wine and More picked up on a whim. Not bad but won't replace Skrewball, wife's favorite. Singed, glad you liked the Star of the East. I'll see if I have enough left to make it worth sending your way, lol. Good night all.

Did some low calorie snacking, and am half way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Down Yonder in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LB Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Spent a bit of time calming down Molly Danger because she's afraid of Sam and her scamper. Long Tail wants to get along with Molly and Sleepy Suzy, but they hate her.
Dunhill_1963_LB_billiard.jpg

Had to have more tobacco, and am half way through this bowl of year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. I heard some yowling outside, and I saw Harry the Hairy intimidating Abner the Eager. I brought Abner in to eat, but before I let him out, I checked his right front leg. It's doing better and while he favors it when he stands still, he wasn't walking with a limp like he had previously. I fed everybody, and as soon as Daisy the Feral Princess eats, she goes out. I should get a traffic cop badge. :)
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

Good Morning!
Chores are done on this drizzly morning. I'm starting off with GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat as usual along with a cup of coffee. I'll follow this with a DGT of last night's Watch City Rouxgaroux in an MM Washington 5th Ave.
What's "a DGT"?

Ran a few errands this am, picked up four more hermalique jars at Ikea, washed the car, got the wrong part to repair my furnace exhaust. I had a bowl of Oriental Silk in my Bones Dublin while I polished the car afterwards.

I jarred half my newest order, I now have twelve types of tobacco, more than I think I saw at my old tobacconist during my last visit - they shifted very heavily to supporting cigar sales in the last two years and opened a cigar lounge to boot. Pipes are welcome but their pipe tobacco menu is a quarter of what it was.

Anyway, I'm deliberating what new tobacco to try this evening and I'm leaning towards Star of the East, most likely in the MMBB.
Good morning @Singed! I don't live close to an Ikea, but from time to time I drive up to the store outside of Cincinnati. I'm planning to go this month. Could I bother you to post a link to those jars so I can know what to look for? Thanks!

Good Morning!
I got to sleep late this morning! Something I did or ate yesterday messed up my foot which left my knee sore too. Hopefully the asprins will dull the discomfort. Starting off with a comforting bowl of GLP Westminster in an MM Apple Diplomat along with coffee.
I hope you get better soon! By the way, the missus is out of town, and we might get in some chess if you'd like. 🤓

Last edited:
What a beautiful morning in the Bluegrass! I make it a point to relish these days, because although we are not in the deep South, we do get our share of hot and humid weather in the summer. I just walked Jacksie while smoking KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Jensen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem. I'm now on the patio finishing that bowl and having a cup of Folger's Colombian coffee.
20240318_151635.jpg