What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having my fav Urban Cowboy in my fav Don Carlos huge bent dublin with a big mug of cowboy coffee. Have a follow up with the pain doc this morning. The procedure they did a month ago hasn't helped my back pain significantly. Then it's out to the ranch again to doctor Cochise. Eutychus, DGT stands for delayed gratification technique. It is when you set a pipe aside that you haven't smoked completely and come back to it at a later time. Did that with a bowl of CH yesterday. Smoked half in the am, came back and finished it when I got home from the ranch in the afternoon. Later my friends.

Good Afternoon my friends. I trust everybody had a great weekend.
Just filled a bowl of Choctaw in a Petersons/Zippo collaboration Billiard. And I am just heading out to the den, where I shall ask Alexa to continue reading LOTRs Return of the King.
20230906_133245.jpg

Happy Monday to all of you.
I had a good weekend. I joined my in-laws for a great breakfast and went to a local rodeo with them. The stuff that happens at rodeos can be darn impressive. Four people got hooked by a bull but somehow, nobody got hurt bad thank God.
I smoked around half a bowl of Erik Go Bragh Apple Crumble on my short walk to work in my mm cob. I don't taste apple but it's sweet and tastes of hay and pie spice. I like it okay.

Short bowl of Zippos gifted Condor in a Kaywoodie Relief Grain straight billiard with another mug of cowboy coffee. Gaius, glad you enjoyed the rodeo. I am skipping ours this year. They jacked up the prices horribly. Last year it was $25 for decent seats. When I checked for tickets this year all the good seats were gone and they wanted $80 for seats in the nose bleed section. Bad business.

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
I have seen you on here enjoying Edward G Robinson more than any other blend.
Is there a special significance to the blend for you?

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The last of this bag of Gold Star 50th, neat, is my drink. Watching a Gene Autry movie.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

I have seen you on here enjoying Edward G Robinson more than any other blend.
Is there a special significance to the blend for you?
Not that much, really. I like it as a way to start my day. I turned on to it because after Humphrey Bogart, Robinson is my favorite actor.

I don't remember which installment it is where I discussed saving the EGR blend from being discontinued, but perhaps these interviews with me from 2014 will interest you:

https://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-93/#more-8098

https://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-95/

Last edited:
Not that much, really. I like it as a way to start my day. I turned on to it because after Humphrey Bogart, Robinson is my favorite actor.

I don't remember which installment it is where I discussed saving the EGR blend from being discontinued, but perhaps these interviews with me from 2014 will interest you:

https://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-93/#more-8098

https://pipesmagazine.com/blog/radio-talk-show/the-pipes-magazine-radio-show-episode-95/
I found the interview and watched through it at work. I don't think many people can claim to have saved a blend from the dustbin of history. That's pretty cool.
Also, holy moly! Having been a big creative force in the Sonic comic among others, you influenced the growth internet culture in a pretty significant way.
I liked Humphrey Bogart in the radio broadcast, Bold Venture with Lauren Bacall. I haven't seen any video media he's in but he had good talent as a voice actor.
Smoked a bowl of PS Black Cavendish on my walk back to work from lunch. So mild it felt as if I wasn't smoking.

I found the interview and watched through it at work. I don't think many people can claim to have saved a blend from the dustbin of history. That's pretty cool.
Also, holy moly! Having been a big creative force in the Sonic comic among others, you influenced the growth internet culture in a pretty significant way.
I liked Humphrey Bogart in the radio broadcast, Bold Venture with Lauren Bacall. I haven't seen any video media he's in but he had good talent as a voice actor.
Smoked a bowl of PS Black Cavendish on my walk back to work from lunch. So mild it felt as if I wasn't smoking.
I greatly recommend watching Bogart movies. Here's a few suggestions: The Maltese Falcon, Key Largo (with EGR), Treasure of the Sierra Madre, The Big Sleep, The African Queen, To Have and Have Not, and The Caine Mutiny.

And for some fun, here's Bogie on The Jack Benny Program: https://www.google.com/search?q=Jack+Benny+program+++humphrey+bogart&sca_esv=4d1091d9e59bc338&sca_upv=1&ei=slRnZt2YNZbIp84Pq9-j4AU&ved=0ahUKEwjduZmh49GGAxUW5MkDHavvCFwQ4dUDCBA&uact=5&oq=Jack+Benny+program+++humphrey+bogart&gs_lp=Egxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAiJEphY2sgQmVubnkgcHJvZ3JhbSArIGh1bXBocmV5IGJvZ2FydDIGEAAYFhgeMggQABiABBiiBEicb1AAWOtjcAB4AZABAJgB9AGgAfQZqgEGMzEuMy4yuAEDyAEA-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&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ae44ebe1,vid:B9VldDFmh78,st:0

Here's Bogie and Bacall on Benny's radio program:

And here's a fun Edward G. Robinson movie where he pokes fun at his earlier gangster roles, and there's pipe smoking here, too. https://www.google.com/search?sca_e...ate=ive&vld=cid:764eb0df,vid:cn-tH6uJt0g,st:0

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Short bowl of Zippos gifted Condor in a Kaywoodie Relief Grain straight billiard with another mug of cowboy coffee. Gaius, glad you enjoyed the rodeo. I am skipping ours this year. They jacked up the prices horribly. Last year it was $25 for decent seats. When I checked for tickets this year all the good seats were gone and they wanted $80 for seats in the nose bleed section. Bad business.
I saw on our news over here a huge bull jumped the fence and injured 3 people over there at a rodeo. I bet they were in the nose bleed section.