What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whaddup, Brothers of Briar. A cool and overcast morning up this way - languid and copasetic is the day. James Taylor - Carolina in My Mind on the hifi. Space grade sludge - black - alongside a slightly bent Tinsky brandy with a wonderful golden sandblast. I have had this pipe for several years but have not smoked it - no reason as to why, other than waiting for the right time. According to the signs, now is the exact and correct time. A right righteous bowl of Carter Hall to begin the break it in - this pipe is going to be a great smoker. It seems to have a certain je ne sais quoi that tells me so. For the record boys I have recently become unemployed - which is on one hand absolutely horrifying and on the other a fantastic gift of freedom. Today my goal is to have no goals. Wait a sec, that's a goal. Okay restated, today my goal is to just go with the flow - adrift in the stream, zero expectations and flagrantly without worry, even though the rationale for heavy duty concern across numerous fronts at this juncture is substantial. Nothing ventured, everything gained. Cheers to the day, gentlemen.

Good morning everybody,
God's being real kind to central Oregon with the wonderful weather we're having. It's going to be a great 4th and a great weekend, hopefully for all of you too.
Smoked around a third a bowl of Captain Black Original this morning on my way to work. I'm at odds with myself wanting to smoke the blends I enjoy most but also feeling I need to smoke the blends I enjoy less to rid myself of them and clear up my tobacco drawer.
Happy 4th everyone.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple and unsalted peanuts on the side for lunch. I'm a quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City Simply Red with Perique in a black straight, grain etched family era post-WWII Four Dot Sasieni “Appleby” apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Working on a review of this crumble cake blend which comes out in a couple of weeks.
Sasieni_FourDot_Appleby.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Listing my next two smokes early:

Going to do walking reps with a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

After that, I'll smoke year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1916 Barling The Hunt with beautiful silver work and a black vulcanite saddle stem with an orific bit.
Barling_Hunter_1.jpg

Five or six bowls of Pegasus at work today. I lost track, weeding for over 6 hours. Waiting on a fresh order of codger blends from USA, in customs now. I things run according to recent patterns I will see them at Christmas.
No offense at the laugh, as I remember your recent travails. I just bought an old Filson wool top on Ebay, and it's going to take about 24 days from payment to arrival-from Alaska. Ah well, I don’t really need it until winter 😀

Last edited:
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the first third of this bowl of Watch City Simply Red with Perique in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Still deciding on a point regarding this blend in my review. Watching the Braves-Giants game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

Passing the first quarter of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe has only seen two blends: the Match and the original. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1982_Dublin_RB.jpg