What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning, friends.
Bali, I pray you stay healthy while you're here on earth.
I enjoyed some PA in my cob on my way to work. Now I'm enjoying some green tea while I work and listen to the Connie Boswell Show, an OTR program that's very musically focused.
It's my birthday tomorrow, I'm turning thirty. I have given a good effort to abstain from purchasing more tobacco however I've got a cart full on pipes and cigars and before I hit purchase and break my good streak, I wanted any input you all may have had. I am not generally a fan of perique. I usually gravitate towards burley codgers and sweet, nut flavored or chocolate aeromatics but I enjoy most everything.
Have you tried a VaPer? Oriental Silk from Sutliff is a nice introduction to them. The Virginia is a nice grassy, fresh flavour with a hint of citrus and the Perique adds just a little pepper to it.

I also enjoy Exclusive from C&D but it's spicier than Oriental Silk.

I'm running several of my C&D blends through my Nording Shorty to reestablish my palate profile this evening. So far I've had Pegasus, which has been my work-a-day smoke for a few weeks now. My cobs at work are definitely getting sour, the flavour in the Shorty is much crisper, nutty and grassy, mellower than my other pipes.

Attachments

• Shorty.jpeg
    Shorty.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 0
Have you tried a VaPer? Oriental Silk from Sutliff is a nice introduction to them. The Virginia is a nice grassy, fresh flavour with a hint of citrus and the Perique adds just a little pepper to it.

I also enjoy Exclusive from C&D but it's spicier than Oriental Silk.
No, I'm not sure i have had a VaPer. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm looking at your recommendations now.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. M'lady and I are quietly celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. We're just that comfortable together.
View attachment 19902
Congratulations Jim and Happy Anniversary to you and your wife.

Truck Blend in the Stetson Truck pipe with a little dark fire to enliven the mix. Later, I had a lunch of a fried chicken breast and fig bars, and I bought a pouch of Half and Half with the grocery store lunch. Had that in the Truck Pipe, and I thought it was pretty good. It has a background flavor of cardamom which left me wanting it again. It could be a good mixer too. Nowhere near as good as Amphora Original nor a better value at $4.59 per 1.5 ounce pouch, but still a unique taste experience.

We went out to eat pizza for dinner. Mine was more heavily loaded with toppings than a K&K aro. Then, I ate two slices of m'lady pizza followed up by four oatmeal raisin cookies and a chocolate chip, too. M'lady is going make some strawberry ice cream before long. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Giants game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Grant’s_Pipe_Shop_CorinthianDeluxe_bulldog409.jpg

We went out to eat pizza for dinner. Mine was more heavily loaded with toppings than a K&K aro. Then, I ate two slices of m'lady pizza followed up by four oatmeal raisin cookies and a chocolate chip, too. M'lady is going make some strawberry ice cream before long. I'm passing the half way mark of this bowl of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Giants game. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
View attachment 19915
Jim, I gotta ask: do you have a tapeworm or a hollow leg? ;)
Happy Anniversary to you both!

Had some Exclusive in the Nording sampler. This is another blend I have to try in a meer, or perhaps a clay for a full smoke. I've had it in the Cobbler but it has a large bowl and it felt a bit overpowering. A clay will be a shorter smoke, it is quite a bit headier than Oriental Silk.

Off to work with a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Sam the Scamper is doing well after being spayed. Harry the Hairy gets neutered next week.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg