What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dismantling the washer and setting my stand pipe, only way to get it up the stairs from the basement. The stairs were rebuild after the washer was installed, 2 inches narrower. Nothing a reciprocating saw and wrenches won't fix. šŸ˜‰ Having some MM150th in my Horn-meer, it's very good in this pipe.

Attachments

• SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I'm enjoying KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Jansen's N.O. bent volcano with saddle stem. I'm drinking Folger's Colombian and reading a book. Recently I modified my Zippo with a metal seal/gasket and I'm very happy with results. My fuel evaporates much more slowly now, and the flame is consistantly good.
View attachment 20176
Refilled with Sutliff Rum & Maple and now drinking an iced beverage.

Last pipe was on Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday were my travel days for work, so no pipe time then. Yesterday I took the day off to get a tooth pulled. The dentist didn't say anything about resuming the pipe, but I'm a little leery about it today. Any words of advice from my fellow bobs?
IG, last year I had major dental surgery. Pulled 2 teeth on each side of the upper jaw due to bone loss. Then 2 bone grafts and 2 crown implants. Smoked during the whole process with no apparent repercussions. Give it a day to heal and you should be fine.

Good morning BoBs. Breaking in the new Lorenzo with some CH. Smoking fine so far. Think it will be just as good as the other two. Surprised it came yesterday. Wasn't expecting it for a couple more weeks. Pretty fast service from Serbia. Aussiemike, true the little buggers don't bite but they are annoying as hell, especially when they fly up your nose or get in your hair. Really hate the little bastards. Light day today. Out to the ranch to check on the boys then back home to relax. Have a great day laddies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240713_074545_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240713_074545_Gallery.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 0
How's that seal work and is it homemade? I've used coatings on the inner part of mine to some success.
I found this on Amazon:

Lighter Gasket Seal, Metal Repair Kit with Cotton Felt Pad, Anti-Evaporation Accessories for Lighter Insert, Silver​

Itā€™s easy to install. Just 3 days of use, but so far, so good.
I've bought several "upgrades" to my Zippos and mostly they're in a drawer somewhere; glad yours is working for you. I went back to a butane insert in my everyday carry.

Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Tigers game.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Dismantling the washer and setting my stand pipe, only way to get it up the stairs from the basement. The stairs were rebuild after the washer was installed, 2 inches narrower. Nothing a reciprocating saw and wrenches won't fix. šŸ˜‰ Having some MM150th in my Horn-meer, it's very good in this pipe.
Could be worse I could be helping you mate I am a walking disaster when it comes to that stuff but I do love hard work I could watch it all day:LOL:

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. Watching the Dodgers-Tigers game.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Sam the Scamp was scared and hid for a couple of days in her new home before she came out to socialize with her new owner. I'm not surprised by that since her bond with m'lady and especially yours truly was so strong. That's not an unusual chain of events for rehomed cats. Anyway, Sam came out to play and seems happy now. We miss her greatly, but we are immensely pleased that she has a safe and loving home. Here she is with her new owner:
Sam&Becky1.jpg

Sam&Becky2.jpg

Nearing the half way mark of this bowl of 1970s Heine's Blend in an undated, unbranded straight smooth dark brown short shank Made in France Los Alton VBF billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. First time smoking this pipe, which I picked because this version of Heinie's Blend had deer tongue in it. I didn't want to ghost my Grabows.
France_SShank_Billiard.jpg

Now smoking from a freshly opened tin of year 2014 Orlik Golden Sliced in an early 20th century Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple with a triangular shank and tapered black vulcanite stem. This pipe is a great, under the radar smoker. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Orioles-Yankees game.
Gordon Special Bruyere 49 apple.jpg

Now smoking first release Watch City Rhythm & Blues in an undated straight smooth brown Crosby Saint Andrews ā€œMerchant Service-like Bingā€ with a silverish band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
St.Andrews_Bing #1 copy.jpg