What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm enjoying the morning ritual: KBV Burley Morning Pipe in a Jansen's bent volcano with saddle stem, a cup of Colombian coffee, and a book.
17209575206472341327088213548083.jpg

Time for some Haunted Bookshop in the Butz . In honesty, I had a little trepidation about this one having never smoked it before and hearing how strong it can be. No problem on the strength front but, as I'm a new pipe smoker, I can't say I enjoyed it all that much. I think I'll need to let my palate develop before coming back to it.
20240714_142158.jpg

Time for some Haunted Bookshop in the Butz . In honesty, I had a little trepidation about this one having never smoked it before and hearing how strong it can be. No problem on the strength front but, as I'm a new pipe smoker, I can't say I enjoyed it all that much. I think I'll need to let my palate develop before coming back to it.View attachment 20211
Love that pipe!

Good morning BoBs. Starting with Urban Cowboy in the huge Don Carlos bent brandy and a big mug of cowboy coffee. Not much on the agenda today, just catching up on chores around the house. Fill the bird feeders, clean up debris from the wind we had yesterday. Another hot day. 80 on the back patio already when I got up at 7. Will be watching news reports about the event in Pennsylvania yesterday.

Passing the first third of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Going to check on the ferals now that Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger are fed. I've been bringing her to the den, but she's still nervous after months of Sam and scampers. We're giving her extra attention and hopefully, Molly will settle down soon.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Howdy fellas. TB here, coming at you live from way up north. This is one of the coolest summers in recent memory - it's 10:33 in the AM and it's only 54 degrees. Rained hard and steady all night. Slept with the window wide open - it was grand. Currently rocking a righteous bowl of well aged Sextant in a 1/4 bent, rusticated and paneled Winslow cherrywood/poker. The funny thing is that I don't like pokers. Especially if they are clunky. And so I don't like cherrywood shapes either. And I generally don't like paneled pipes - at all. But I LOVE this pipe. It literally called my name. A close pipe friend (I only have one...) here in Anchorage who has a huge affinity for any and all poker shaped pipes - when he saw this pipe, he said one word, and one word only to describe his thoughts on his initial encounter. Every time I pick up this wonderful pipe to smoke, I am reminded of his one word descriptor for this particularly briar - "Savage." Cuppa mud - neat, with a little Chuck Mangione on the tube amp. Very nice.

Passing thought: Mr. Mangione got me thinking - we each and all literally have given it all we've got, and yet we continue to do so anyways. As if "all you've got" to give in this life was somehow... endless, or perhaps without measure... or perhaps, "savage" even, as if the efforts to maintain this state of action and positivity and choice were somehow beyond computation - like in some unknowably knowable way finitely infinite, and thusly, we land smack dab on "savage." Just like this pipe. Ha! And so it goes - catch you boys on down the trail. Peace in.

Last edited:
Enjoyed three egg, ham and cheese open face sandwiches (two eggs on each one), a Jethro Bodine size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins thrown in, and a red delicious apple lunch. I've passed the half way mark of this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Watching the Reds-Marlins game until the Braves-Padres game starts after the top of the hour. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Abner the Eager was waiting for me when I finished walking earlier, so I let him in to eat, and since Molly Danger is snoozin' in the bedroom, I let Abner snooze in the small comfort bed that the scampers used to be in. He doesn't mind being out of the heat.
AbnerSnooze1.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2014 E-soterica And So To Bed in a straight post-1981 GBD Prehistoric 133 billiard with brass accents, the letter K stamped on the shank with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for most of a bowl. Watching the Braves-Padres game.
GBD_Prehistoric 133_billiard.jpg

Just finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Nat_right.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Hogshead Bourbon Barrel Aged in a 1960s Austrian meerschaum bent apple with a tapered yellow stem. Working on a review of it as I watch the ballgame. It goes on sale July 23 at 6 p.m. EST.
Austrian_meer_apple.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes. Just fed a very hungry Harry the Hairy. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' on the deck. Dunno where Tomato the Brave is.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Smoking a Caminetto Billiard, Stanwell vanilla,Boxer k-cup.
Ranger,Event in Pennsylvania ? IT WAS A GOD DAMN ASSASINATION ATTEMPT! Let`s not sugarcoat this!
Agree, not trying to sugarcoat it. Just not trying to get it moved to the rubber room. Even the Dems are calling it that. Sad day for our country.