What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exclusive, by C&D, in my Horn-meer. Coffee at hand. I've done three loads with the new washer today and it seems to work well. First load had an error but it was easily corrected by leveling the machine - my basement floor is cock-eyed.:giggle:

Attachments

• SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
It`s been a busy day here, I worked this morning, came home for a nap as the humidity kicked my butt. Then my wife went shopping and left me in charge of the puppies, I had to figure out and prepare dinner while she was out... I am finally relaxing with a Poul Winslow Lovat, PS b&b,bottle of Pellegrino mineral water. I also just bought a Savinelli 310ks trevi .I have never smoked a poker pipe!
Do any of you guys own a Savinelli 310 and care to comment on it? I did the usual research and the pipe has great reviews ,but I would like to hear from BOB members.

It`s been a busy day here, I worked this morning, came home for a nap as the humidity kicked my butt. Then my wife went shopping and left me in charge of the puppies, I had to figure out and prepare dinner while she was out... I am finally relaxing with a Poul Winslow Lovat, PS b&b,bottle of Pellegrino mineral water. I also just bought a Savinelli 310ks trevi .I have never smoked a poker pipe!
Do any of you guys own a Savinelli 310 and care to comment on it? I did the usual research and the pipe has great reviews ,but I would like to hear from BOB members.
Sounds like you're having a good day, all things considered. Watch yourself in the heat. Enjoy your new pipe!

Wanted to add that a lawn care company isn't a bad idea if they will provide flexible duties, I ran my own maintenance company for ten years and had a service fee schedule for people that wanted different levels of service. From full horticultural service down to "mow, blow, and go. I hope you find a good company if you decide to take one on.

Got off the phone with Canada Border Services Corporation and they ran the numbers three times for me...$350 +/-. Something haywire is going on here and I'm not paying $624.77 to find out what. Going to refuse the package - I'll simply leave it, Canada Post can send it back and hopefully SP will reimburse my credit card for the initial purchase. I expect all of this will take 3-6 months. Mad as hell right now. I can make a complaint to CBSC Duty and Taxation but their contact information is inscrutable and intentionally disorganized, as are their tariff and duty schedules...their contact site is down right now for"reorganization". I'm sorry, I'm ranting.

Gonna figure out something to smoke with some scotch and settle down for the night. It'll be in my Anton & Co. Hardwood.
I live in NY ,if there is any way, I can help ,please let me know. Maybe if we send it like Ranger does listed as socks,it might help? l BOB

Now smoking Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg

I have an Estella 310, which was a line of Savinelli Autographs that didn't quite make the grade, so they rusticated them to get rid of wood flaws. Mine is a great smoker, but I bought in back in 1979 when there was higher quality to the entire Savinelli line. I have 21 Savs, and the recent ones, e..g. my 2020 Punto Oro Gold 904KS, just don't smoke as well as those from the 1980s and earlier. You don't see me smoke the later ones very often, and I just can't recommend new Savinellis. Having written that, I know a couple of people who do enjoy recent Sav manufactures, but I'll go by my experience since my Sav collection goes back to the mid-1970s.

I have an Estella 310, which was a line of Savinelli Autographs that didn't quite make the grade, so they rusticated them to get rid of wood flaws. Mine is a great smoker, but I bought in back in 1979 when there was higher quality to the entire Savinelli line. I have 21 Savs, and the recent ones, e..g. my 2020 Punto Oro Gold 904KS, just don't smoke as well as those from the 1980s and earlier. You don't see me smoke the later ones very often, and I just can't recommend new Savinellis. Having written that, I know a couple of people who do enjoy recent Sav manufactures, but I'll go by my experience since my Sav collection goes back to the mid-1970s.
Thank you,Jim

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, cod and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Padres game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Thank you,Jim
You're very welcome, man. I should add that the Rossi line has suffered the same fate. I have two from 1979 that are good smokers, but the one from 2015 made by Savinelli is mediocre. I do have an estate circa 2005 Savinelli 320 KS Extra author that I have not cleaned. I will do that and see how it does.

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

IG, last year I had major dental surgery. Pulled 2 teeth on each side of the upper jaw due to bone loss. Then 2 bone grafts and 2 crown implants. Smoked during the whole process with no apparent repercussions. Give it a day to heal and you should be fine.
A little while ago, I read the instructions they sent home with me (like, who reads that stuff, right!) It says no smoking for 48 hours, so after church tomorrow I'm lighting up. It was hot as the surface of the sun today, so no way am I going back out there now.

(edited to finish the last sentence, which was interrupted by a squirrel, apparently.)

Last edited:
Now smoking year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Did a little low calorie snacking, and am smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a black rusticated medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 67/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Fed all the ferals without much problem. We let Abner the Eager in for a few hours, and he mostly slept. Every time I put him out, he growls a little because he wants to stay with us, but that's not possible. And, he is very afraid of Harry the Hairy, so I walk Abner to the deck steps, and block Harry from following him. Abner is a gentle soul, and I wish we could find a home for him.
4AB_Rusticated_67.jpg

Enjoyed a small, but tasty red delicious apple, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2012 Dunhill Royal Yacht in a 1970s smooth brown slight bend GBD International 9665 dublin rough top sitter with a flat bottom and a black vulcanite saddle stem. I've had this tin by my chair for a few years, and finally got tired of looking at it, so I'm smoking it. Haven't smoked this average smoking pipe in all that time either since I dedicated it to this blend. One doesn't need a high grade pipe to smoke this blend.
GBD_International_ 9665.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Uhle’s 00 in a straight smooth brown post-WW2 LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian with a metal screw-in tenon and a tapered black vulcanite stem. I'll end the day with this smoke.
LHS Purex Superfine 74 Canadian.jpg