What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning, Smoking a smooth Pete strand,Stanwell vanilla,Mug of Horton`s. A very good combo!
I smoked another bowl in the new Savinelli last night with Capt black royal,it smoked weird, they put that bowl coating on thick! I am not sure how to remove it? sanding? alcohol? I know it`s the coating because I smoke capt black daily and know what it `s like! any suggestions?

Gentle rain falling with loud thunder. A momma and 2 babies strolled by last evening. On the porch enjoying PA in a Sav 616.
IMG_0487.jpeg
IMG_0397.jpeg

Good morning, Smoking a smooth Pete strand,Stanwell vanilla,Mug of Horton`s. A very good combo!
I smoked another bowl in the new Savinelli last night with Capt black royal,it smoked weird, they put that bowl coating on thick! I am not sure how to remove it? sanding? alcohol? I know it`s the coating because I smoke capt black daily and know what it `s like! any suggestions?
I had a similar problem with the same pipe also bought from Laudisi through Amazon. Mine smoked hot too. I smoked through it, and the pipe is better now and fairly reliable. Maybe try some light fine grit sand paper on a stick or dowel in the bowl avoiding the very bottom.

I had that problem with 2 Savinelli’s. The first one I didn’t know what was wrong with it and threw it away. After a bit of research on the 2nd one I sanded the chamber down to bare wood and scrubbed it out with 140 proof moonshine. It was still a gritch to break in but finally became a decent smoker. There is no way I could put up with stain in the chamber of a pipe. Needless to say but I’ll not buy another Savinelli.

Near the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Smoking a seldom used Pete x220 independence day 1999,with Capt black gold blend and a mug of 8 o`clock coffee.
Thank you for the replies on the Savinelli 310 bowl coating issue! I really like this pipe,but I am a bit disappointed in Savinelli, I never cared for bowl coatings on my pipes in general,but this ruined it with me and savinelli pipes... I had to choose between this 310 or another Pete deerstalker,but I wanted this poker as I have my share of Pete`s. I obviously made a poor choice as of now! Yes Peterson pipes have bowl coatings too,but they wipe clean with a damp paper towel!

Hey guys, first pipe today. Exclusive in my Rossi Lumberman. I've been out on my back today. Had a vivid dream last night last night, three intruders in my kitchen. I woke up shouting and jumped violently out of bed. Took a few minutes to realize there was nobody there. I went back to bed.

I woke up this morning and I could barely stand so I called in. I've spent the day doing therapy and resting, only got up to eat and have a smoke now. Feeling stiff and fragile. With more rest I hope to be at work tomorrow. 🙏

Attachments

• Rossi 8824 Lumberman.jpg
    Rossi 8824 Lumberman.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hey guys, first pipe today. Exclusive in my Rossi Lumberman. I've been out on my back today. Had a vivid dream last night last night, three intruders in my kitchen. I woke up shouting and jumped violently out of bed. Took a few minutes to realize there was nobody there. I went back to bed.

I woke up this morning and I could barely stand so I called in. I've spent the day doing therapy and resting, only got up to eat and have a smoke now. Feeling stiff and fragile. With more rest I hope to be at work tomorrow. 🙏
I hope that therapy and rest will do the trick!

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2000 VaPer Three Nuns in a 1938 straight black grain relief Dunhill OX Shell bulldog with a silver band repair with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Coffee from a freshly opened bag of Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1938_left.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. No walking today because the heat index reached 105.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Had second, and now third (and last) pipe. Earlier it was the MM 150th Anniversary Cob with random aromatics. If you like cobs, I highly recommend you get one before they run out. Now smoking Peterson's Standard in my other Pete. Then off to the shower so I can be all spiffy for my Sweetie's return.

A good piping day, gents! A good day of work, too. I got some stuff done that at the start I thought I'd rather have another tooth pulled.