What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Part way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger. For the first time since we had brought Sam the Scamp and her scampers in the house (March 20), Molly actually came out of the bed room. She wouldn't come in to the den, but she was out in the hall near the bed room door crying for food. That's the first sign of progress I have seen from her.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Currently, I've passed the last third of this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a sandblasted medium bend 1950s Reuben era Charatan Deluxe 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Reds game.
Charatan_Deluxe_11_right .jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. Just finished smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Time to clean a few pipes.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 D&R Windsail in a quarter bend smooth brown circa 2005 Savinelli 320 KS Extra author with a tapered black acrylic stem. First time smoking this pipe. Testing it to see if I got it as clean as I want. Blends like Windsail and Penhooker are good for that.
Savinelli_Extra_320.jpg

Last smoke of the day is year 2020 D&R Penhooker Silver in a smooth brown late 1890s, early 1900s unbranded military mount bulldog with a silver windcap and spigot with a black vulcanite, flared stem and orific bit. Reading while this bowl lasts with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
1890-1900 unbranded MM bulldog_silver cap.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 D&R Windsail in a quarter bend smooth brown circa 2005 Savinelli 320 KS Extra author with a tapered black acrylic stem. First time smoking this pipe. Testing it to see if I got it as clean as I want. Blends like Windsail and Penhooker are good for that.
View attachment 20418
That's a good tip about pipe cleaning.