What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now enjoying Wilke Royal Admiral in a 1994 Peterson SH Mycroft with fishtail stem. My drink is Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch Bourbon over ice.

20240521_214006.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two swordfish steaks, and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Sleepy Suzy spends a lot of time by my side or on the left arm on my chair. I don't know why it is, but I can eat fish, and she doesn't care one bit, but when I eat a salad, she intently watches every bite I take. Anyway, I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Otani hit a 473 foot homer tonight. It flew out like a laser shot. Going to make coffee soon.
Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple.jpg

Half way through this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1980 smooth walnut finish quarter bend Peterson 505 Rhodesian silver spigot military mount with a black vulcanite saddle stem fishtail bit. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_505_Rhodesian_SSpigot.jpg

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2010 FVF in a straight smooth dark brown 1896 W.H. Newman, Ltd. billiard with a sterling silver band and a tapered yellow and orange stem with white swirls and an orific bit. Watching a Gene Autry western.
W.H. Newman_Cased_set.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty red delicious apple, and am near the first third of this bowl of year 2013 Esoterica Tilbury in a smooth medium bend 1999 Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Milverton with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Brought Daisy the Feral Princess and Tomato the Brave in to eat. They were happy to get off the deck as it's been raining for hours, but I'll eventually have to put them out. Wish I could let Harry the Hairy in. Abner the Eager is snoozin' in what has become his comfort bed.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Milverton.jpg

There's too many of my posts, so I'll stop for the evening. If you're watching and smoking, please post your smokes.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two swordfish steaks, and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. Sleepy Suzy spends a lot of time by my side or on the left arm on my chair. I don't know why it is, but I can eat fish, and she doesn't care one bit, but when I eat a salad, she intently watches every bite I take. Anyway, I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of Seattle Pipe Club Give Me Liberty in a straight smooth medium brown pre-1920 straight Marechal Ruchon & Cie. Royale apple with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Otani hit a 473 foot homer tonight. It flew out like a laser shot. Going to make coffee soon.
View attachment 20388
I haven't followed baseball for some time, but need to see Otani play while I can. I hope to go see the Dodgers at Cincy some day.

Good Morning!
Yesterday after the race I got caught up watching the coverage of Biden's withdrawal from the Presidential race. Between that, chores and pipe cleaning by the time I started a Rob Roy filled with GLP Westminster I was too tired to smoke much of it. This morning I took the DGT pipe out with me to do chores and just finished it. Next up is my usual morning pipe, GLP Westminster in a bent MM Apple Diplomat along with a cup of coffee.

Good morning BoBs. Slept in a bit. Starting my week with Tumbleweed in a Pete Pub and Costa Rican coffee. Our Legion pool tourney went for almost 8 hours yesterday. Our post only has a single pool table and everyone wanted to play double elimination. Sheesh. Some of the players were not very good and some games were going 25 to 30 minutes. My partner and I won with 6 straight wins, no losses. Yeah. Got a full week ahead. 3 Dr. appts, a dentist visit, USVets on Thursday, Honor Guard on Friday. And a Ranger buddy wants me to come fix his leaking toilet. Lol. Have a great day my friends.

I think work is finally calming down. I enjoyed my first weekend in months that wasn't occupied.
Erik Stokkabee 4th Generation Morning Blend this morning. It was much tastier this time versus the last time I smoked it and it was all tequnique. Instead of smoking while I walked to work as I usually do, I sat in my car and smoked around half the bowl. Smoking while walking is a different experience. While walking, the tobacco burns hotter, less consistently, and gives an inferior flavor. Maybe I have gravitated towards codger burleys because their flavor don't suffer as much from walking.

Jim, I may have figured out the peppery needle sensation. I smoked some Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake last Saturday which used to give me that sensation badly. It didn't this time. I think the sensation was just a result of being a novice smoker and making mistakes. I was perique shy for no reason.

Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Yankees-Rays game. The weather isn't looking good for walking with rain coming and going today. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

I think work is finally calming down. I enjoyed my first weekend in months that wasn't occupied.
Erik Stokkabee 4th Generation Morning Blend this morning. It was much tastier this time versus the last time I smoked it and it was all tequnique. Instead of smoking while I walked to work as I usually do, I sat in my car and smoked around half the bowl. Smoking while walking is a different experience. While walking, the tobacco burns hotter, less consistently, and gives an inferior flavor. Maybe I have gravitated towards codger burleys because their flavor don't suffer as much from walking.

Jim, I may have figured out the peppery needle sensation. I smoked some Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake last Saturday which used to give me that sensation badly. It didn't this time. I think the sensation was just a result of being a novice smoker and making mistakes. I was perique shy for no reason.
That blend can cause that no matter how experienced you are. As a general rule for many years, Stokkebye bright and gold Va.s are young, and without toppings, can amp up that needle sensation. That's why so many people, including myself, don't smoke their blends fresh. When fresh, you have to smoke them slower than usual. I wait at least five years before smoking those kind of blends.

You notice that sensation less in their English blends because the Latakia seems to temper the problem moderately. Anyway, I'm glad it's worked out for you.

Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a third of the way through this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink.
Peterson_St. Patrick's_Canadian264.jpg