What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gave up trying to sleep, so I thought I'd do some reading, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight black 1925 Dunhill patent shell Canadian 33 with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1925_Canadian.jpg

Ladies & Gentlemen, with the grace of God i am back with you, healthy and strong! I took 27 sea baths, remained in purpose unshaven for 16 days, drank a lot of beer-wine-ouzo, ate a lot of ice cream-pizza-souvlaki. I fed some stray cats, saved the life of a cicada that was drowning in the sea, luckily i didn't get sunburned, ruined a pair of flip-flops and forgot to bring 2 lighters (Zippo-Torch) with me and had trouble lighting up my pipe when it blew air on the beach Cafe.

gtAZXUk.jpg

This is my humble Summer straw hats collection.

BVidijQ.jpg

I am smoking Captain Black Gold.

Getting towards the end of my supply of KBV Burley Morning Pipe which I’m smoking in a Jansen’s N.O. Bent volcano with saddle stem. My beverage is Folger’s Colombian. I’m going over a chess opening line in preparation for the tournament this Saturday. The missus and I will head out for church in about an hour.

IMG_0057.jpeg

Sitting down to my Breakfast of Champions, likely the last of my Mark Twain in my Cobbler with coffee regular. Was out to my brother's to help install a drip irrigation system in his shrub row to free him some time from watering the new plants. My hands are a wreck from connecting 1/4 inch line with pressure fittings ... but it's done and working! Took my Rattray's and some Exclusive with me..ran out and resorted to rustic cigars called "Front woods": a knock-off of Backwoods. Apparently there are shipping issues with Backwoods or something and they cannot be ordered at the local Sobey's grocery franchise. More CBSC interference would be my guess.

Was a good day, they fed me steak and mashed potatoes with chocolate zucchini cake and ice cream for dessert.

Attachments

• MM C&D Charlestowne Cobbler.jpg
    MM C&D Charlestowne Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Rattray's 107 Dark Ale.jpg
    Rattray's 107 Dark Ale.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. My go to Urban Cowboy in the big Butz Choquin bent brandy with morning CR coffee. Quiet and peaceful here on the mountain. Legion pool tourney this afternoon. Usually one if the better shooters, but haven't practiced lately so hope I can hold up my team. Singed, those fittings push in easier if you heat the 1/4" tubing slightly with a lighter. Have a great day my friends.

Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. My go to Urban Cowboy in the big Butz Choquin bent brandy with morning CR coffee. Quiet and peaceful here on the mountain. Legion pool tourney this afternoon. Usually one if the better shooters, but haven't practiced lately so hope I can hold up my team. Singed, those fittings push in easier if you heat the 1/4" tubing slightly with a lighter. Have a great day my friends.
We used a thermos of boiling water, it helped but still an exercise in frustration and torment. 🤬
I appreciate the advice though. Will give it a try if we have to make repairs. ;)

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Getting ready to feed the ferals.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, cleaned a few pipes, fed the ferals (including an extra hungry Tomato the Brave), and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. One of the two estate pipes is ready to go as soon as I figure out what to smoke in it. The other is not far from being ready. Watching the Braves-Cards game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

This is the now clean circa 2005 Savinelli 320 KS Extra author. Don't want to smoke English or aros in it. Can't decide what to do.
Savinelli_Extra_320.jpg

Mowed the yard, and needed to mix up some new Bluff Blend. Upped the Jackknife Plug to 40 % with same amout of Prince Albert and swapped the Semois for Amphora Burley, threw in a few rubbed out pinches of local dark fired and dark air cured. It's stout and good in an MM Pride raw cob with forever stem having with Gatorade. I've been playing around with a SP shopping cart of Warped Kings Stride, an ounce C&D Habana Daydream, and GLP Robusto. I'd be real interested in comments on the later. Leaving off Billy Budd for now due the higher latakia content.

Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Watching the Red Sox-Dodgers game.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg