What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just lite a TTT Trinidad Cabinet Selection Churchill 50 x 7 cigar. Well aged. Dinner of scallops & green beans. Drinking Kirkland bourbon.View attachment 20547
Was wondering just yesterday when we'd see you again WZ. Glad to hear from you, I hope all is well.

Had another bowl of MM 150th in the Cobbler while I watched Bone Tomahawk with a Czechvar.

Was at my mother's for lunch this afternoon, no projects, just a relaxing day. Had a bowl of Carter Hall in my Falcon meer on her deck after lunch. I enjoy sitting out with her while I smoke. I hope she does, too.

Attachments

• Falcon Floral Meer.JPG
    Falcon Floral Meer.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with a bowl of French vanilla ice cream for dessert. M'lady had a four cheese pizza, and I ate two slices of that, too. Just finished smoking year 2016 Wessex Gold Brick in a straight smooth light brown 2020 Ryan Alden Ace of Spades squat bulldog with a spalted pecan top and ferrule that’s attached to the tapered black acrylic stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. A little less of it tonight due to the humidity. Watching a wild Yankees-Red Sox game. The lead has changed five times, at least.
Ryan_Alden_BD-left.jpg

Now smoking year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. High humidity does not stop me from smoking! It's not stopping Tomato the Brave either. He's running all around the den knocking toys around and burning off a lot of energy.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

Good Morning!
It was a sunny but chilly morning doing chores. Now it's time for a hot cup of coffee and a bent MM Pride filled with GLP Westminster.
I'm going to have to put GLP on my trials list, Bali. Can you recommend some non-aromatics? Are your "tour of Britain" standards uncased?

BTW if anyone can recommend some Peterson varieties that are uncased I would appreciate that, too.

Still on my first pipe but my second coffee/ MM 150th seems to be a good interim "Breakfast of Champions". ☺️

I'm going to have to put GLP on my trials list, Bali. Can you recommend some non-aromatics? Are your "tour of Britain" standards uncased?

BTW if anyone can recommend some Peterson varieties that are uncased I would appreciate that, too.

Still on my first pipe but my second coffee/ MM 150th seems to be a good interim "Breakfast of Champions". ☺️
One thing nice about GLP is he wrote things about his blends in "Briar & Leaf Chronicles". This helped me decide on a cigar blend of his, Robusto over Key Largo, because he talked about the type of cigar leaf in each. He will also sometimes recommend how to prepare it and shows use of some spiffy knives (for @Zippo ). And, Ive read he gives a generous (maybe slightly over) 2 ounces per tin. Enjoy:
http://glpease.com/BriarAndLeaf/

Our power went out about two minutes after my last post, and came back on five minutes ago. Hope we have no more of that so I can watch the Braves-Mets game without interruption. Dinner's going to run late, too.
View attachment 20527
Gotta round up all the chickens that escaped the hatchet in the dark? 🤣

If his blend has Black Cavendish that component is cased in sugar water and there's one vanilla topped blend and a couple of rum topped blends. I don't smoke any of those. From most Latakia to least I like Abingdon, Charring Cross, Odyssey, Westminster, Kensington and Ashbury. Géométrie is a good Oriental blend. Gaslight and Spark Plug are both good if you want to cut your own flakes. Laurel Heights leaves out the Orientals and is light on the Latakia. I have a tin each of Quiet Nights and Chelsea Morning to try, I don't generally like Perique but his description claims it added with a light touch.

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Getting ready to watch the Braves-Mets game. Found out today that Sam the Scamp and her new owner are getting along fabulously. She renamed Sam "Izzy", short for Isabella. Just fed all the ferals while m'lady is feeding Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger. I'll eat when I finish this smoke.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg