What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've passed the quarter mark of this bowl of year 2012 Astley’s No. 55 in a 1978 straight smooth brown BBB Silver Mounted 522 pot with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Time to feed Tomato the Brave, and Harry the Hairy. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' on her blanket.
BBB_Silver Mounted522_pot.jpg

Morning, BoBs. Breakfast of Champions, sort of... MM150th in the Cobbler with a cup of coffee. Waiting on a response from CBSA regarding my tariff adjustment before I order anything else, ie, Mark Twain. Hava a good day guys, my heat wave seems to have broken, I may detail the car today after all.

Attachments

• MM C&D Charlestowne Cobbler.jpg
    MM C&D Charlestowne Cobbler.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Good morning BoBs. Kind of cheating on my promise of only smoking one day a week, but only had one bowl yesterday. So I may revise the rule to only smoking on weekends, lol. Going Brit with Zippos gifted Condor in a a Sasieni 4 dot bent pot. Coffee instead of tea however. Have a great day everyone.

Good morning BoBs. Kind of cheating on my promise of only smoking one day a week, but only had one bowl yesterday. So I may revise the rule to only smoking on weekends, lol. Going Brit with Zippos gifted Condor in a a Sasieni 4 dot bent pot. Coffee instead of tea however. Have a great day everyone.
Don't beat yourself up for "cheating". You are making a significant effort to cut back, just keep raising the bar until you're comfortable. I am not an enabler, I am a realist. My father passed over ten years ago, cancer of the kidneys. He cut back his smoking dramatically and I am certain it did him good. He fought through it for two years. I back you 100% on any effort you are making to coordinate with your treatment.

P.S.: How was the car show?:giggle:

Good morning BoBs. Cheating, Again, with Urban Cowboy in a Pete system B42 smooth bent apple and morning coffee. Was encouraged by the ENT Doc who said the tumor was more likely a result of the HPV virus than from smoking. So, will be cutting back but likely won't quit altogether. Ranger breakfast at 8 so will call it done after this bowl. Have a great day everyone.
A dental surgeon had a video on YouTube about this. He and his friend who is a dentist both said that pipe smoking and cigar smoking does not cause mouth, throat, tongue or gum cancer. He said there is zero evidence despite what the government says. He said they are full of crap. He said that HPV is what causes mouth cancer. He said that the reason cigarettes cause lung cancer is because of the chemicals and tar that is breathed into the lungs and it sits in there for years and when the lungs try to heal itself it causes cell mutation thus turning into cancerous tumors. He said in the 30 years of dentistry and the thousands of mouths he examined only 4 people had mouth cancer. One was a cigarette smoker and the other three weren't, but he believes all 4 had HPV.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to feed the ferals before the Braves-Marlins game starts.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

89F here, and did my dues yesterday in the yard weedeating, trimming shrubs abd pulling vines out of some shrub dogwoods. What a mess that was with most of the vines being "sweet autumn" clematis. I advise anyone thinking of planting this to learn the difference between the Asian variety, as I mistakenly planted it. It is pretty invasive via the seeds. Today is going to be mostly restful starting with a bowl of Warped Kings Stride in my 9493 GBD Prehistoric pot. I picked this pipe for the wide bowl, as Jim mentions in his review. I seem to be getting more dry sourness from it in this pipe.
20240804_140008.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am half way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth brown medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Giving the natural 4AB a day of rest. All the ferals ate, and except for Abner the Eager, they are outside. Abner has a big smile of his face as he is being cradled by m'lady. Gold Star Peruvian Macchu Picchu, neat, is my drink. Delicious coffee.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Baskerville.jpg