What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking year 2015 Mac Baren Virginia #1 in a straight smooth brown pre-1920s W.D.C. Bakelite bulldog with an electro silver band and tapered black vulcanite stem with an orific bit. Haven't smoked this pipe lately.
W.D.C. Bakelite bulldog.jpg

A quarter of a bowl left of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. I wanted to see Pirates pitcher Paul Skenes pitch today, so I recorded the Pirates-D-Backs game, and am watching it now. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of 2012 Virginia Spice in a medium bend 2000 thin stem sandblasted black silver spigot Ardor Urano Sherlock Holmes #68/100 D.R. briar calabash with a smooth flared top and a black acrylic stem.
Ardor_Calabash.jpg

Currently, I am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a black sandblast PSB medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY 4AB No. 228/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This will get me to dinner time.
4AB_PSB_left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of Watch City English Ernie-ental in a straight dark brown and tan rusticated Peterson 2023 Saint Patrick’s Day 264 Canadian with an Irish flag colored ferrule and tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. I saw the sun finally came out, but the ground is wet and the air is so humid that I could almost breathe in water, so I decided not to walk.
View attachment 20667
Beautiful pipe!

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. While looking for something else, I found the complete DVD set of The Flintstones that, along with pipes and other DVDs, I inherited when my friend Donald passed away in 2010. So, I thought we'd watch the first couple of episodes with the original openings and closings.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Now smoking year 2019 C&D Yorktown in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Terracotta 4AB No.108/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. The first episode of The Flintstones wasn't bad. I hadn't seen these cartoons in over forty years. We're going to watch the pilot episode next.
4AB-TC_left2.jpg

Don't beat yourself up for "cheating". You are making a significant effort to cut back, just keep raising the bar until you're comfortable. I am not an enabler, I am a realist. My father passed over ten years ago, cancer of the kidneys. He cut back his smoking dramatically and I am certain it did him good. He fought through it for two years. I back you 100% on any effort you are making to coordinate with your treatment.

P.S.: How was the car show?:giggle:
Was fun but very hot. Only stayed a couple of hours. Takes long time to look at 400+ cars.

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2019 Ascanian No. 1 in a straight smooth dark brown 1930s (Comoy’s) The Exmoor Pipe 283 chubby Rhodesian with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy’s_The Exmoor Pipe 283 Rhodesian.jpg

Currently, I've about a third of a bowl left of year 2012 Anniversary Kake in a smooth burgundy medium bend 1979 Chippendale (Charatan second) Rhodesian 49 with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Smokes as well as a first and worth the $19.95 I paid for it all those years ago. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' in her usual spot. Tomato the Brave wasn't happy about going outside after he ate. Sleepy Suzy is snoozin' by my side. Molly Danger came out this evening, ate a little, and has been on m'lady's lap for a while now. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Chippendale_(Charatan second)_Rhodesian 49.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo, whose High Heat show used to be on every week day on MLB TV, but lately, it's been on just twice a week. Guess ratings are not good for the Dog.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg