What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did some low calorie snacking, and then smoked a bowl of year 2012 Mac Baren Virginia Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1920s-30s Comoy’s Tradition 332 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Comoy's_Tradition332 Billiard.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have a quarter of a bowl left of year 2014 Sam Gawith Best Brown Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 159 *4 apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Just fed Daisy the Feral Princess, and Harry the Hairy. Tomato the Brave and Abner the Eager weren't here, but I'll check again before bed time. My cats ate before the others did.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_159apple.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a straight dark brown 1920s Comoy’s Sunrise Natural S369 squat bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will end my smoking day. Almost finished reading baseball box scores.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Natural_SBD_s369.jpg

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Savinelli 616, Lane LL-7, mug of 8 o`clock coffee. I called my Pontiac Guru last night,He told me motor oil in the 50`s-60`s era contained Zinc. Todays oil does not,so I ordered a bottle of Zinc additive from Amazon. He said it might work to stop my engine tapping. Hopefully ,this will work, the other option would be opening the engine up and re adjusting valves and lifters-which will be EXPENSIVE!

I just fired up a brand new Pete Sherlock Homes Strand, Filled it to the rim with MB 7 seas regular blend,Folgers K-cup.
It`s amazing how I can wipe out a new Pete with a damp paper towel and the bowl coating is gone,unlike the new Savinelli ,I bought 2 weeks ago that still tastes like sh-t. Savinelli`s bowl coating taste is still their after sanding and about 20 smokes thru it.The savinelli is a nice looking pipe,but it was big mistake on my part,I guess it will be going on e-bay eventually.

Half way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink. When I was walking earlier, Tomato the Brave kept hiding under a car, and several times when I walked by, he lept out at me for attention. Harry the Hairy got a little jealous, and walked over to block him on my last lap. Tomato just stared at him. Abner the Eager was content to watch while hiding from Harry.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Now smoking year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Getting ready to clean a few pipes.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and snow peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2004 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored tapered lucite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Cardinals-Dodgers game while waiting for the Braves-Angels game. It's good hearing Chip Caray again, and I have repeatably noticed that Caray has improved his over all announcing since he left for the Braves for the Cardinals job. Daisy the Feral Princess is by my feet, and she must agree with me about Chip because she's staring at the TV.
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

Now smoking the last of my open stash of Watch City SEPC McClouxgaroux 2023 in a small slight bend black sandblast 2000 D.R. Ardor Urano Ninfea author with a silver spigot military bit and a tapered black acrylic stem. I have a couple more ounces aging even though the McClelland tobaccos used to make this version of Rouxagaroux doesn't need it. That's the only way I can stop myself from smoking all of it now. Not a rare attitude among pipe smokers. Watching the Braves-Angels game.
Ardor Urano Ninfea author_MM.jpg

I just fired up a brand new Pete Sherlock Homes Strand, Filled it to the rim with MB 7 seas regular blend,Folgers K-cup.
It`s amazing how I can wipe out a new Pete with a damp paper towel and the bowl coating is gone,unlike the new Savinelli ,I bought 2 weeks ago that still tastes like sh-t. Savinelli`s bowl coating taste is still their after sanding and about 20 smokes thru it.The savinelli is a nice looking pipe,but it was big mistake on my part,I guess it will be going on e-bay eventually.
Have you tried salt/alcohol treatment to draw out the ghost? Same thing you'd do for a sour pipe?

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Daisy the Feral Princess was on my lap enjoying the attention, but got up as soon as m'lady went to the kitchen so she could get something to eat.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Enjoyed a light low calorie snack, fed Sleepy Suzy the professional eating machine, and am a third of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a sandblasted medium bend 1950s Reuben era Charatan Deluxe 11 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the rest of the Cardinals-Dodgers game that I recorded.
Charatan_Deluxe_11_right .jpg