What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a tasty red delicious apple, and am smoking Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. With any luck, I'll be able to end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 1984 Stanwell Antique 124 egg with a smooth brown front and a black sandblasted back with a dark gold ferrule and black vulcanite stem in the military mount style. Fed Daisy the Feral Princess and Harry the Hairy. Tomato the Brave was hiding by the side of the house due to his fear of Harry. As it had rained, I went and picked him up, dried him off, and he's eating wet and dry food in the house as I type. Abner the Eager's not around. I'll end the day with this smoke.
Stanwell_Antique_124.jpg

Had some Old Professor in my Figure meer.

...and forgot to post this message.

It's morning now and I'm having MM 150th in my Bones Dublin with my coffee this morning. The Cobbler bit the dust, I fiddled around with too many modifications and the bowl was too messed up to repair when the shank dropped out. I've ordered a replacement, a Country Gentleman, cleaners, and a tin of Velvet. I'm going to keep my orders smaller and see if that lets me make an end run around CBSA. Have a good week-end BoB.

Attachments

• SMS Figurehead Meer.jpg
    SMS Figurehead Meer.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Phew, it's been a hectic week. My daughter passed her driving theory test last week, got her A Levels and confirmation of uni place and accommodation on Thursday, then went for a night out with her friends on her first ever drinking session to celebrate on Friday night. After my shift on 'dad's taxi' service until 2.30 Saturday morning, and helping my dad out with his house move, I'm finally sitting down to some Orlik Vintage Sliced in the Vauen McRooty with a glass of pinot noir while my daughter still recovers from her very first hangover! 🤣
20240816_151447.jpg

Good morning BoBs. What a glorious day. It's the weekend and I get to have a bowl with you guys. Having my own Tumbleweed in a Calabresi bent brandy and CR morning coffee. A pleasant 75 but humid for us. 69% vs. our usual 20 to 25%. Was going to the ranch later but woke up with back pain due to a project yesterday, so will wait till Monday. Pool tourney in Cottonwood tomorrow. I need to go practice today. Trying to get my chemo and radiation schedules set up. Starting chemo a week from this Monday. Thanks to you guys for all the well wishes and prayers. Have a great weekend my friends.

Happy Saturday BoB!
Working little extra this morning.
I enjoyed most of a bowl of My Mixture 965 in my beater cob which is really nice every time I smoke it.
Going to a family potluck later today. Got a new frisbee, a volly ball net, and some kid cousins coming over so it'll be a good time!
Ranger, praying for you.
Hilasmos, congrats to your son.
AutumnGold, congrats to your daughter.

Good morning,
Starting my day with a Savinelli 616, Lane LL-7, mug of 8 o`clock coffee. I called my Pontiac Guru last night,He told me motor oil in the 50`s-60`s era contained Zinc. Todays oil does not,so I ordered a bottle of Zinc additive from Amazon. He said it might work to stop my engine tapping. Hopefully ,this will work, the other option would be opening the engine up and re adjusting valves and lifters-which will be EXPENSIVE!
EZ, my 2003 Jeep 4.0L six is said to be the same way on zinc. Based on some forum info, I just put a HD 10w30 in it which is good for diesels and gas motors. It seemed to have helped.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching the Yankees-Tigers game.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have passed the first third of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Listing this a couple of minutes or so early: year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Phew, it's been a hectic week. My daughter passed her driving theory test last week, got her A Levels and confirmation of uni place and accommodation on Thursday, then went for a night out with her friends on her first ever drinking session to celebrate on Friday night. After my shift on 'dad's taxi' service until 2.30 Saturday morning, and helping my dad out with his house move, I'm finally sitting down to some Orlik Vintage Sliced in the Vauen McRooty with a glass of pinot noir while my daughter still recovers from her very first hangover! 🤣View attachment 20928
It all happens in a stampede doesn't it?