What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching High Heat with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Quite a jaunty pipe!
Thanks. That Stanwell is a great smoker, and has been one of my favorite, most heavily smoked pipes since the day I bought in the Fall of '79. My local Tinderbox had about dozen Stanwells with that finish on a half price sale for $14.95, and I picked the one I liked the best. I got back to my college dorm, and after a couple of smokes, wished I had bought at least one more. But, money was scarce, and when I went back four or five days later, there were several left, but none of them grabbed me the way the one I bought had.

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am a quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Just managed to get a second set of walking reps in as it started sprinkling when I got to the top of the hill of my last lap. Tomato the Brave followed me home, and I brought him inside. I wish I could have brought Harry the Hairy in, too, as the thunderstorm is loud and raucous. Anyway, I'm not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Gentry Royal Blend No. 2 in a black sandblast quarter bend undated Briarcraft (Dr. Grabow made) Wimbledon 810 author with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Off to work and will listen to The Adventures of Superman from my radio collection. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Briarcraft-Wimbledon810 author.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling263.jpg

Passing the first third of this bowl of Wilke Pickett’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Just fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Working and listening to The Green Hornet.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Fed Harry the Hairy, and surprisingly, Abner the Eager was indeed all of that when he heard me call him. He's usually not here this late, but he's eating dry food inside. Tomato the Brave isn't here, and Daisy the Feral Princess is snoozin' on my studio chair.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Last edited:
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Daisy the Feral Princess was banging on the back door, and up until the last year or so, that meant that she wanted in. She wanted food, but didn't want to come inside to get it. I know that she likes being outside in the spring and summer, but she's much less interested to coming inside for some reason. Well, as long as she's happy laying on the back deck, I won't worry about it. Nobody else is out there, but I'll bet that Harry the Hairy's close by.
View attachment 20958
Hi Jim. Beautiful pipe by the way. I actually like all the pipes you post. I have a question. Do you like Sutliff Edgeworth match better than Lane Limited Ready Rubbed? Because I like the Lane's better. Before it was discontinued I stocked up on a half case of tubs. I put a few in deep cellaring and used a couple for trade. One I traded for a 1950s Kaywoodie 22 that I was looking for. I bought eight ounces of the Sutliff version mainly because of your liking to it, but I'll tell ya, it bites me something fierce.

Another good morning BoB.
This morning is Scottys Honey and Chocolate in my MM aromatics cob. Drinking green tea steeped with roasted brown rice. The peak of summer seems over here as the mornings have suddenly become colder.
I recently bought some tobacco from a commonly used website and upon getting it in the mail, I found one of the items was no good. I contacted the website and they couldn't take a return but gave me a cupon worth more than the bad tobacco was, and not by a small margin. I was floored because I have gotten so used to poor customer service that I expect it. I havnt seen amazing customer service since I was young in the early 90s. God always shows little things to appreciate and today I'm appreciating tobacco retailers doing right.

Passing the quarter mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg