What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jim. Beautiful pipe by the way. I actually like all the pipes you post. I have a question. Do you like Sutliff Edgeworth match better than Lane Limited Ready Rubbed? Because I like the Lane's better. Before it was discontinued I stocked up on a half case of tubs. I put a few in deep cellaring and used a couple for trade. One I traded for a 1950s Kaywoodie 22 that I was looking for. I bought eight ounces of the Sutliff version mainly because of your liking to it, but I'll tell ya, it bites me something fierce.
Never had a bite problem with the Sutliff Edgeworth Match. I do like the LLRR, and was one of two people who launched an internet campaign to bring back the original Edgeworth Ready Rubbed since Lane used to make it. I managed to get the head of Lane to bring it back. It sold well at first, but the sales slowed down after a period of time, and it was discontinued.

I don't know why it didn't last, and some like you preferred it to the Sutliff version. The problem was, for many, that while Lane had the original formula, they didn't have access to the original source for the toppings. Neither did Sutliff, but their version is close to the original, which satisfied those who used to smoke the original. The Lane version wasn't super far off, but the flavor wasn't accurate. The cut was different, too, although Sutliff's cut isn't the same either. The Lane production was a smoother experience than the Sutliff match, but I prefer a blend closer to the original.

The other problem may have pricing. The Lane version was $34.95 for 14 ounces when it went on sale. ERR Match was $19.95 a pound in bulk.

Back outside! Smoking Mac Baren Mixture: Scottish in a Peterson Dublin Edition smooth 999 and drinking Coke Zero.

20240620_173343.jpg

Lunch is running late, so I decided to have a smoke, and am nearly finished smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Enjoyed a regular size bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins, three plates of spaghetti and meatballs, some low sodium potato chips, and a bowl of freshly made strawberry ice cream for dessert. Then, I did a set of walking reps and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain Dark Roast, neat, is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Work has been just awful the last week and a half. Right now is the first time in that length of time that I don't feel like a have a small dog lying on my chest. I'm still "at work" (working from home) but sitting outside having a pipe. Peterson 306 Heritage P-Lip with my special Random Tobacco. All I have left of the good stuff is less than 1/4 can of Peterson Standard Mixture. I've been trying to trim down before I buy again - so far so good. Probably you guys with 300 Lbs in the cellar think I'm silly!

Taking a break with MB Pure Virginia in a bent MM Let Freedom Ring along with a glass of Moscato wine. I got some of the mess the Scamper brothers and Bella made out of my plant germination and growing area cleaned up.
I wish you'd taken pics of that. Btw, we haven't seen Archie and Billy lately. Please post a photo or two of the scampers.

Enjoyed a necessary nap, and am a third of the way through this bowl of John Aylesbury Scottish Blend in a 2002 black pebble finish straight Cavicchi C. Fatto A Mano lovat with a black acrylic saddle stem. This should get me to dinner time. Watching the Braves-Phillies game.
Cavicchi_lovat.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, giant porterhouse steak, mashed potatoes and sweet corn dinner with freshly made peach ice cream for dessert. I've a third of a bowl left of 2021 Watch City Simply VOriental in a straight smooth medium brown 1930s Wilshire 5 bulldog (Comoy’s second) made for John’s Pipe Shop in Los Angeles with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Phillies game, and when go to work, I'll listen to the rest of it.
 Wilshire 5 bulldog.jpg

View attachment 20986
Here's Archie sitting next to me while I was watching the DNC.

I'm enjoying GLP Westminster in a bent MM Washington Rob Roy along with a glass of wine.
Thanks, man. Since Billy isn't with you, I assume he's in the other room watching Dragnet. :)

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg