What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying Wilke 515 Double Shot in the Peterson Mycroft. I'm listening to Cal @ Auburn football game. Auburn was favored by 2 TDs, but Cal just scored to go up by 2 TDs with 11:27 left in the 4th qtr.

20240521_214006.jpg

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2014 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This should get me to dinner time. Watching the Braves-Jays game.
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm half way through this bowl of several years old Dunhill Elizabethan in a straight smooth, dark brown patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite tapered stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink.
Dunhill_1952_Apple B124.jpg

Passing the last third of this bowl of year 2020 Pfeifen Huber Virginia Golden Flake in a 1938 smooth straight brown patent Dunhill R 115 bowling ball apple with a tapered cumberland stem. Had a "Marvel"ous :) conversation with a fellow piper about pipes, comics and Jack Kirby.
Dunhill_1938_bowling-Left.jpg

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2018 Solani 633 in a straight 1954 patent Dunhill 148 Group 3 black shell bulldog made for the France market with a black saddle vulcanite stem. Watching the Dodgers-Guardians game.
Dunhill_1954_Shell_Bulldog148.jpg

Lunch break is over, so I'm having Bluff Blend in the same Yello-Bole with a can of Black Rifle Espresso and cream. I've been reading on how to do a French drain.
They are very effective to remove surface water until it has a chance to be absorbed. You don't lose the moisture and you don't have the surface puddling. I hope you find them effective, they can be a very effective short-term reservoir, and they act as an effective sump in heavy rain events if you incorporate an outlet.

I can't sleep, vicious headache, so I'm having a bowl of Borkum Riff in my Rossi Canadian sitter and a coffee. If that doesn't do the trick I'll hit it with a Tylenol but there are already signs of improvement.

@EZONSLOW take care of yourself, it's discouraging to have to recover from every day of work.

Attachments

• Rossi 8812 Canadian.JPG
    Rossi 8812 Canadian.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2003 black sandblasted medium bend Karl Erik Ekstravagant scoop with a horn ferrule and black acrylic stem. Just fed Sleepy Suzy and Molly Danger. Watching an episode of Wyatt Earp.
Karl_Erik_Scoop.jpg

A third of a bowl left of year 2019 C&D Derringer in a smooth brown-orange undated Mastro de Paya 3A L Tulip with a silver cap military mount and an acrylic yellow tapered stem. This will do it for me today. Reading baseball box scores.
Mastro de Paya_3A L_Tulip.jpg

Happy Sunday BoB,
Boy, our stay on the Oregon coast has been eventful. The hotel we had stayed at the night before last resembled a crack-house which was very unnerving and will end up being a story we'll remember for some time. Thank God we found a better place to stay last night. Otherwise, it has been a fantastic trip filled with beautiful scenery, misty shores, good food, and great company.
As I said I might do Friday when I last posted, I'm waking up a bit before the girls to go enjoy some Captain Black Regular in my beater mm cob. While I do so, I'm listening to the Bob Hope Program, the episode in which Bob interviews Sonny Tufts. Just twenty more episodes before I have listened through each surviving broadcast.
It would be swell if only I had a cup of hot tea to enjoy with the smoke, scenery, and audio.
Until tomorrow, God bless you all!

Attachments

• 20240908_074318.jpg
    20240908_074318.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. Quiet morning on the mountain. Enjoying a big bowl of CS Choctaw in the Butz Choquin magnum bent brandy with a big mug of cowboy coffee. Watching the birds and bunnies. Need to refill the feeders. Heading down to the Legion in a while to practice up on my pool game and get ready for the tournament next Sunday. My partner and I have won the last 2 months. Want to bring home the gold again. LOL. Hope everyone has a great day.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. He'll show up eventually. Getting ready to watch the Braves-Jays game with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg