What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Astley’s No. 55 in a straight smooth dark brown year 1933 Parker Super Bruyere patent 10 T 81/F lovat with a black vulcanite saddle stem. This should get me to dinner time. Watching the Braves-Jays game.

@Eutychus , it's not a well known man in the US who owned the pipe, but it's cool to have it. You'll find out when I can get the pipe clean enough to smoke. Yeah, I'm a tease, but a benign one. :)
View attachment 21352
Fair 'nuff

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking year 2010 Full Virginia Flake in a straight 1968 Dunhill Shell bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle stem.
Dunhill_1968Bulldog.jpg

Did some low calorie snacking, and am near the last quarter of this bowl of unreleased 2021 Sutliff VaPer in a mid-2000 decade Tom Eltang straight black sand blasted canted AJ Dublin with a cream and brown horn ferrule, and a tapered black acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager. For some reason, Tomato the Brave got mad at Daisy the Feral Princess, and there was back and forth hissing. I was surprised because they've been together for about eight years, and they usually get along. I very seldom see them misbehave. Anyway, I scolded Tomato, and put him outside. Daisy wanted outside, so I let her go. At least I have some peace and quiet with Sleepy Suzy by my side as she has been all evening.
Tom_Eltang_AJDublin.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and have passed the first third of this bowl of Wilke Back Bay w/o perique in a 1937 straight smooth dark brown Kaywoodie 8776 B billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching Wyatt Earp. Daisy the Feral Princess was banging at the door, so I let her in to eat. Abner the Eager showed up to eat, too. I kept them apart so there'd be no drama. Daisy is snoozin' on her blanket, Abner is snoozin' on m'lady chair, and Sleepy Suzy is still by my side. Molly Danger is snoozin' with m'lady.
Kaywoodie 8776 B billiard.jpg

Now smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a 2018 full bend smooth Terracotta Peterson XL315 System Standard military mount with a nickel cap and a flared black vulcanite p-lip stem. I may end the day with this smoke. Going to read baseball box scores after I give Tomato the Brave some wet food. He gets that for his first and last meals of the day, and at midnight, too.
Peterson_XL315_Terracotta.jpg

Breakfast of Champions this morning, MM 150th in the Cobbler with coffee. It's nice to have this complete again. Cool nights here lately and throughout the day, I welcome it. Hot weather doesn't sit well with me. And it wouldn't meet "hot" standards for many of you. It scarcely gets over 90F. Looking forward to a relaxing day, I have a few aches and pains from last week to iron out.

Attachments

• MM Cobbler.JPG
    MM Cobbler.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Good morning my fellow BoBs. The weekend finally and it's time for a pipe. So, almost half way through a bowl of Zippos fav Hobbits Weed in the Lorenzo Old Vic giant bent billiard. With a big mug of Costa Rican coffee. I mentioned last Wed or Thur that I went to bed dog tired. Follow up. We were headed home from the ranch and got a call from the city water dept. They had just read our meter, said our usage had almost tripled since last reading and was showing 3 gallon per minute flow rate. We were not home, irrigation was off, so should have been zero. Got home, checked the house for plumbing leak, all good. Went out and checked irrigation and found the main shut off valve leaking. Buried a foot down in an access hole. Took over an hour of digging to access the valve and another 2 hours to get it capped off so we could turn water back on for the house. Called city water next day and they said we had leaked 84K gallons. Bottom line, this months water bill will be over $1K. Sorry for the rant, just feeling a bit overwhelmed. Time to listen to some Bob Marley, "everything gonna be alright", lol. Have a great day my friends.

On a Fall like day here it is high 60's F with sun and breezes, I'm working on the bluff. Having about the last bowl of a 2024 C&D Steamworks 2 ounce tin (3 in reserve) in a Yello-Bole Cured with Real Honey Premier pot shape. This is really a good pipe, and they go cheap on *bay. Gonna see how much digging I can do by hand today. Growing up on the farm, I was taught to dig post holes and set railroad tie posts for fencing with a 6 foot pry bar and post hole diggers. I still do that, and would rather not deal with machines.
20240907_100251.jpg

@Ranger107 It never rains...😖
Having a bowl of Star of the East in my Rossi Canadian sitter with the remains of my coffee. Spilled a wad on the floor, rescued what I could. The blend of tobacco, cat hair, and carpet fibre should prove interesting.🤪

Attachments

• Rossi 8812 Canadian.JPG
    Rossi 8812 Canadian.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I had a terrible day so far,Woke up early for work greeted by rain and back pain. I got to work & found out some people called in sick...Luckily for me it was a small brunch party of 50 people or so,buffet style-bagels,rolls,coffee etc. I was in by 7am and out by 11 am. But my back was relentless all morning. I took my pain meds, smoking a Pete Strand, PS b&b 23,Mug of Peet`s dark roast. Going to sleep while watching the Yankee game.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. M'lady got up earlier than I did, and fed everybody except for the absent Abner the Eager.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with unsalted peanuts and a golden delicious apple on the side. I had this same menu for lunch yesterday, too, and since I didn't gain any weight from it, I figured I'd try it again. Now smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star 50th, neat, is my drink. Sleepy Suzy is by my side. Harry the Hairy stood driveway guard while I was walking earlier. Tomato the Brave walked part of a lap with me until he got distracted by a squirrel, and tried to chase it down. Still haven't seen Abner the Eager today.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Earlier, I smoked and worked on a review of 2024 C&D Golden Days of Yore in a 2003 medium bent Ural meer with a lined and etched egg shaped bowl with a silver band and a pearl brown acrylic saddle stem.
URAL_Etched_Egg.jpg

Currently, I just did a second set of walking reps, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Brought Abner the Eager in to eat. Harry the Hairy stood drive guard as usual. Tomato the the Brave kept hiding under a car and every time I passed by, he jumped out at me for a head scratch. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Wessex_bent.jpg