What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning BoBs and a Happy Sunday to all. Enjoying a nice big bowl of Hobbits Weed in the Pete Pub with a big mug of cowboy coffee. Baccy is a bit bland but getting enough cherry flavor to make it a pleasant smoke. Nice day on the mountain, cool but very windy. Monthly pool tournament day at the Legion. My partner and I have brought home the win last 3 months, hope we can do it again. Singed, good advice from EZ. I have a couple of Crown pipes, bought cheap from P&C on sale. Both good smokers. 2nd option, get 2 or 3 cheap MM cobs. I think the Eatons go for around 10 bucks. That should get you through the week. Have a great day my friends.

@Ranger107 ,EZ thanks for the ideas. The biggest thing preventing me from ordering fresh cobs now is the delivery time. They really won't arrive in time to be enjoyed, it gets too cold to smoke them enjoyably in a week or two, too much condensation. It makes them deform faster. I am mulling over the idea of some beater pipes, though. The course closes in about three weeks and the best delivery time I would have is about two weeks. I am enjoying my evening pipes when I return home from work a lot, perhaps it's the anticipation.

Gonna watch a movie with the hookah, I will return.

Singed, checked shipping options to Canada. Looks like USPS International is the cheapest available. A flat rate box that would hold 3 pipes would get there in 3 days and cost around $32. If you PM me your address I can check with the PO tomorrow and maybe get a couple off to you in the next day or so.

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed all the ferals except for the absent Abner the Eager.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

@Ranger107 ,EZ thanks for the ideas. The biggest thing preventing me from ordering fresh cobs now is the delivery time. They really won't arrive in time to be enjoyed, it gets too cold to smoke them enjoyably in a week or two, too much condensation. It makes them deform faster. I am mulling over the idea of some beater pipes, though. The course closes in about three weeks and the best delivery time I would have is about two weeks. I am enjoying my evening pipes when I return home from work a lot, perhaps it's the anticipation.

Gonna watch a movie with the hookah, I will return.
@Singed, do you have an Amazon Prime subscription (or have a friend who does)? You might get MM cobs quickly that way.

Last edited:
Enjoyed three double egg, ham and cheese open face sandwiches, a big bowl of Raisin Bran with extra raisins, unsalted peanuts, and a tasty peach for lunch. I'm smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star 50th, neat, is my drink. The skies have gotten darker, and I hope they give me a chance to do another set of walking reps before the rain comes.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a full bend barley sandblast Peterson 125th Anniversary 1898-2023 No. 172/330 302 brandy military mount with a silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip saddle stem.
Peterson_Anniversary125_302.jpg

Trying C&D Engine 99 for the first time, in my Dunhill Red Bark. Not horrible; smoked two bowls in a row. Still "looking for the pony."

I also recently acquired Plum Pudding the other day. First bowl I smoked was simply adequate; not worth the $25 I paid for the tin. But I had another one yesterday after my granddaughter's baptism, and it was a M a z I n g !

My 20 year old joined me out back to finish off the cigar one of his brothers didn't finish yesterday.

20240915_163149.jpg

Attachments

• 20240915_163108.jpg
    20240915_163108.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 0
Guys I am humbled by the outpouring of assistance being offered to get me pipes for work. 🥹 Please, just chalk it up to me griping. I have no shortage at home where I can enjoy to my heart's content. It isn't as though I've been forced to stop enjoying a smoke.

I do hope nobody will think I was crying wolf, I just find it less complicated at the moment to do without while I'm at work. By all means, if I bring it up again feel free to tell me to put a sock in it. 🤐

I'll load a bowl of CH in my MMBB and toast good friends with it and coffee. :coffee::giggle:(y)

MMBB.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished watching "The Man with No Face" with the missus. Now I'm on the patio smoking Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1994 Peterson Mycroft, sipping Evan Williams 1783 Small Batch Bourbon over ice, while listening to James Taylor's album "American Standard", a tribute to the Great American Songbook.

20240521_214006.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, porterhouse steak, sweet corn and mashed potatoes dinner with a big banana split for dessert. I'm smoking a bowl from a freshly opened pack of year 2015 Sir Walter Raleigh in a black 1997 Brebbia Jubilee 925 silver banded grain sandblast briar calabash with a tapered black acrylic stem. It's too humid for coffee tonight, so ice water and bergs is my drink.
Brebbia_Jubilee_calabash.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of year 2001 Wessex Campaign Dark Flake in a smooth dark brown medium bend year 1924 Dunhill 136A double patent apple with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1924-Bent_apple_136A.jpg

Then, I smoked a bowl of year 2014 Dan Tobacco Hamborger Veermaster in a medium bend black sandblasted 1925 Dunhill double patent “Shell” 56/10 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Dunhill_1925_DP_billiard.jpg

Currently, I'm just finishing this bowl of year 2004 GLP Stratford in a smooth dark brown medium bend post-1949 Peterson Kildare 80S bulldog with a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. Been busy with a couple of phone calls, and a couple of feral feedings, and other stuff. Haven't seen Abner the Eager today.
Peterson_80S_Kildare_bulldog.jpg