What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Igoldberg, I can empathize with your situation.
Thanks! When I woke up this morning, I could tell there had been an improvement. I've been kind of puttering around while my wife is out volunteering, pretending to do some chores, lol. Much of it was ordering our youngest around to do the muscle parts of what I needed done. Once I felt like I'd earned my keep, I plunked down to do a little pipe cleaning and load one up for a trial run. I decided not to experiment with Plum Pudding, too expensive. I loaded the Peterson 306 with Engine 99, and I am puffing even as I type. Turned out pretty decent. Nothing sublime, but my mouth is making a recovery. Even coffee and diet coke taste better today.

Laptop Camera + Post-Op Perma Bed Head = "EEK!" Sorry
WIN_20240928_10_25_32_Pro.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave, and my cats are eating. I'll check to see if Abner the Eager is here and feed Harry the Hairy in a minute or two. Watching the Pirates-Yankees game. Skenes is pitching for the Buccos.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

@JimInks, in a pipe as tall as the AJ Dublin, is it difficult to keep the tobacco lit?
No, because I pack a little loose, and use a ribbon cut blend. The friend who gifted me the pipe suggested I smoke a broken flake, but I prefer an easy burn in a narrow chamber like this pipe has. I did take his advice at first, but it didn't work for me.

No, because I pack a little loose, and use a ribbon cut blend. The friend who gifted me the pipe suggested I smoke a broken flake, but I prefer an easy burn in a narrow chamber like this pipe has. I did take his advice at first, but it didn't work for me.
Thanks! I'll file away that info for future reference. 🤓

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Lavazza Classico, neat, is my drink. The sun finally came out an hour ago after days of rain and wind. Still watching the Pirates-Yankees game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2008 Astley’s No. 109 Medium Flake in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LB Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Haven't smoked this pipe or its companion lately. Getting ready to clean a few pipes with Sleepy Suzy by my side.
Dunhill_1963_LB_billiard.jpg

Dunhill_1963_Full_Case_Close.jpg

I had a bowl of Exclusive in my Bones Dublin earlier. Bit me! Had a nap. Made myself some coffee and I'm enjoying a bowl of Smooth Black and Golden Cavendish in my Horn meer. Travel plans to see my godmother tomorrow, Mom in tow. I may not be on. Have a good evening BoB.

Attachments

• Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB
  • SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    SRV Horn Meer.JPG
    1.6 MB
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm smoking year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching the Braves-Royals game.
4AB_Ebony.jpg