What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now smoking Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two giant French cut pork chops, mashed potatoes and sweet corn dinner with almost a third of a freshly made Boston cream pie for dessert. Between this meal and lunch, I hate to think what I'll weigh tomorrow. :) Anyway, I'm a third of the way through this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Good morning BoBs. Sad to report I have to give up the pipe for a while. My throat is so sore from the radiation treatments I can barely eat or swallow. Don't know if smoking is exacerbating it or not but not willing to take the chance. 2 more weeks till done with treatments. Hopefully the throat will heal up and taste will come back. In the meantime I will enjoy vicariously by reading you guys posts. Have a great day my friends.

Good morning BoBs. Sad to report I have to give up the pipe for a while. My throat is so sore from the radiation treatments I can barely eat or swallow. Don't know if smoking is exacerbating it or not but not willing to take the chance. 2 more weeks till done with treatments. Hopefully the throat will heal up and taste will come back. In the meantime I will enjoy vicariously by reading you guys posts. Have a great day my friends.
Ranger, I'm praying for relief and full recovery.

A quarter of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Fed the ferals, and my cats. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Hope I can get a set of walks in before the first game of he Braves-Mets double header. Looks like more rain is coming. It did rain earlier this morning.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Best of luck to you, @Ranger107 .

Last edited:
Good morning BoB,
Yesterday I started the day with a bowl of Tombigee by the Country Squire in my MM cob after which I went on a hike with my sister in-law.
This morning I had a bowl of G&H Bob's Chocolate Flake in the same pipe.
Now I'm at work drinking fancy tea and listening to an internet radio show.
I'll be bringing my wife to the doctors later today to try to address what seems to be a circulation issue.
@Ranger
Praying for you to feel better

@Ranger107 Don't forget to remind yourself how far you have already come in your treatment, it's a hard road. You have already made important progress. All my best.

Having an abbreviated Breakfast of Champions with yesterday's left-over rubbings. Took my Rattray's and some Carter Hall to visit my godmother yesterday. It was a good visit, she gave me a handmade quilt! I was speechless, and with winter coming I welcome it.
IMG_0558.JPG

Attachments

• MM Cobbler.JPG
    MM Cobbler.JPG
    1.8 MB
  • Rattray's 107 Dark Ale.jpg
    Rattray's 107 Dark Ale.jpg
    1.7 MB
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and since I didn't gain as much weight as I expected after yesterday's gorging, I had a quarter slice of a Boston cream pie for dessert. I've a quarter of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Braves lead the Mets 2-0 going to the bottom of the fifth inning.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Close to finishing this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Watching the second game of the Braves-Mets double header.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg