What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning everybody ☺️.
It's another horrible rainy day here in the UK today, with even more severe weather warnings in place. Much more of this, and I'll change my name to Noah, and start work on my ark.
Having said that, it's still a happy day, as I have just received a package from our great buddy Ranger, stuffed full of my favourite tobaccos, which are not available in the UK. Thank you @Ranger my friend, also know that we hold you dearly in our thoughts and pray you get well soon buddy.
It's also a good day, as I seem to finally be rid of my heavy cold and nasty cough.
And so without further ado. I'm going to load up a Meershaum Bacchus, with a copious amount of Hobbit Weed, for my first smoke, in what seems like an eternity. Have a great day my friends 😊
View attachment 21973

All I am hearing is its a perfect day to drink rum, smoke some awesome backy and play green hell on playstation :p:ROFLMAO:(y)

Last edited:
Well, after several months of health issues, I’m getting back to normal, or maybe finding a new normal. This morning I’m smoking a new to me 1968 Dunhill Shell OX with Scottish Flake and black coffee. This pipe is feather flight and smokes perfectly cool and dry. I can’t understand for the life of me how someone could sell this pipe. Picked it up on eBay for $180. It’s like new. Sometimes a squirrel finds a nut . . . View attachment 21975
Awesome pipe pnp and great to hear your back on the horse mate 👍keep it up 👍

All I am hearing is its a perfect day to drink rum, smoke some awesome backy and play green hell on playstation :p:ROFLMAO:(y)
Yep that's about right Cobber, except for JD instead of rum. As for green hell, I'm having a rest from that, and playing The last of us PS5 version.

Time to try some of Rangers gifted Shepherds Pie in a Leather wrapped Savinelli 1009 before dinner.
20230602_142053.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning BoB,
I had a nice bowl of Hearth & Home Vermont Meat Candy in my mm cob on my short drive to work.
Between yesterday and today, I'm making around two gallons, 16 pounds of hummus. We'll freeze most of it. My wife says I have the "too much" gene and she's probably right. I wish my freezer wasn't so tiny!

Good morning BoB,
I had a nice bowl of Hearth & Home Vermont Meat Candy in my mm cob on my short drive to work.
Between yesterday and today, I'm making around two gallons, 16 pounds of hummus. We'll freeze most of it. My wife says I have the "too much" gene and she's probably right. I wish my freezer wasn't so tiny!
Our family motto is, "If a little is good, more is better." 🤓

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Going to be a busy baseball day since MLB didn't space the games out so viewers could watch them all. I'll be DVRing everything except for the Tigers-Astros, which I'll watch live. Watching Mad Dog Russo. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

It`s been a busy day for me ,It`s been grey and humid here. The Mailman just surprised me with a package,much to my delight the e-bay seller shipped my Savinelli Priority mail and it arrived today!
Smoking this Savinelli 261 with Lane LL-7,Mug of DD coffee. The e-bay seller was correct the pipe arrived totally refurbed and ready to smoke!

For lunch I had a piece of a delicious frittata that the missus made. I've moved outside to enjoy Arango Balkan Supreme in a Hardcastle's Crown bent billiard with saddle stem, a cup of coffee, and a book. I love retirement, I wish I had discovered it decades ago
With talk like that, you'll make the youngsters here envious!

Passing the half way mark of this bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. A late lunch follows this smoke. Watching the Tigers-Astros game.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking the last of my open stash of year 2004 Edgeworth Slices in a straight sandblasted black billiard 2013 PSF POY Kaywoodie with an amber colored tapered lucite stem. Decided to jar the rest of the four ounce tin for later use. Besides, I have a very suitable replacement for the Slices. Coffee from a freshly opened bag of Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink.
PSF_KaywoodiePOY.jpg

Received a delivery today but not what I was expecting. I ordered a Brigham Voyageur bent Dublin at the same time as my estate order. It came with 7 oz. of Granger. So I loaded it and am breaking it in. The Granger is brilliant! Even first smoke in a new pipe. The Dublin has wonderful balance, it is light, a larger bowl than I expected and is a nice match for my Brigham Voyageur Prince (Dad pipe). It is also a sitter, a Voyageur perk I think. This will be a good pipe. The lighter is an old standard Zippo I put my pipe lighter guts into when my hinge pin went. I never actually used it until I needed a replacement case. I look forward to my Savinelli estate arriving.
IMG_0560.JPG

Attachments

• Brigham 129 Voyageur.jpg
    Brigham 129 Voyageur.jpg
    1.9 MB
Now smoking year 2010 Amphora Original (Brown) in a full bend barley sandblast Peterson 125th Anniversary 1898-2023 No. 172/330 302 brandy military mount with a silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip saddle stem. Watching the Brewers-Mets game. Glad I'm recording the games.
Peterson_Anniversary125_302.jpg

Received a delivery today but not what I was expecting. I ordered a Brigham Voyageur bent Dublin at the same time as my estate order. It came with 7 oz. of Granger. So I loaded it and am breaking it in. The Granger is brilliant! Even first smoke in a new pipe. The Dublin has wonderful balance, it is light, a larger bowl than I expected and is a nice match for my Brigham Voyageur Prince (Dad pipe). It is also a sitter, a Voyageur perk I think. This will be a good pipe. The lighter is an old standard Zippo I put my pipe lighter guts into when my hinge pin went. I never actually used it until I needed a replacement case. I look forward to my Savinelli estate arriving.
View attachment 21984
@Singed, what do you think of the Brigham insert system?