What are you smoking?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gurkha Rare Breed in a full bend black pebble finish 2001 Rinaldo Lithos YY8 Titania Silver Line egg with a black acrylic stem.

JimInks , I got a real good price on the Gurkha Rare Breed, purchased 8 tins for $50.00 a few months ago. Seems it was not selling, so I took a chance because I've smoked some real good Gurkha cigars in the past. Let me know what you think of it, thanks.

Old Joe Krantz aged 4 years in my LHS hand carved chubby pot with a niclkel band and wide stem.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Dunhill Dark Flake in a Savinelli Oscar Lucite 316 KS.

2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth patent era 1952 Dunhill Bruyere ODA apple 806 B124 with a black vulcanite stem.

Lonecoyote":p8vtp8mm said:
JimInks , I got a real good price on the Gurkha Rare Breed, purchased 8 tins for $50.00 a few months ago. Seems it was not selling, so I took a chance because I've smoked some real good Gurkha cigars in the past.  Let me know what you think of it, thanks.
It's decent, but not outstanding. I'm working on a review now. I prefer the Legend myself.

JimInks ":b8xlmdju said:
It's decent, but not outstanding. I'm working on a review now. I prefer the Legend myself.
Thanks Jim, I will keep my eyes open for your review on the Rare Breed. I've smoked the Legend and enjoyed the blend and have many of those tins aging for a few years. I'm also aging for a couple of years the Gurkha Retribution. I received a great deal on these Gurkha blends from a B&M that closed their doors in Pennsylvania this past September 30th.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

Lonecoyote":zaf7yb73 said:
JimInks":zaf7yb73 said:
Thanks Jim, I will keep my eyes open for your review on the Rare Breed.  I've smoked the Legend and enjoyed the blend and have many of those tins aging for a few years.  I'm also aging for a couple of years the Gurkha Retribution. I received a great deal on these Gurkha blends from a B&M that closed their doors in Pennsylvania this past September 30th.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
I wasn't able to get the Retribution. Have you tried it?

Listing this a little early so I can concentrate on work for a while: D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Canadian Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 with a black vulcanite stem.

JimInks":b2r8fc4u said:
I wasn't able to get the Retribution. Have you tried it?
Not as of yet, possibly Sunday. When I give Retribution a try I will let you know my thoughts.

PS
A friend gave Retribution a try and said " if you enjoy mostly intense Latakia you will really like this blend ".

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

MacBaren Navy Flake in a 1981 Ascorti Black Billiard Business with a military bit and pearl gray acrylic stem.

...final pipe of the day...Dunhill Ye Olde Signe(Re-issue) in a '66 gp. 4 Dunhill shell billiard... :cheers:

Half&Half in a tan etched medium bend 2001 Rinaldo Sahara 2 Acorn round at the shank, pointy at the opposite top with a black acrylic stem.

Almost finished smoking Jim's Va/Bur in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem.

Listing this a couple minutes early: D&R Rimboche A.P. in my trusty 1970s smooth three quarter bend Peterson System Standard 305 with a black vulcanite p-lip stem.

Part way through this short smoke: Vincent Manil La Brumeuse Semois in a straight 2012 MM Pony Express cob.

Sir Walter Raleigh in a black 1997 Brebbia Jubilee 925 silver banded grain sandblast briar calabash with a black acrylic stem.

Jackknife plug in one of my MM Country Gentleman pipes

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

GPL Sixpence in my Radice Bent Billiard. Don't smoke this pipe enough.

KEEP ON PUFFING

Drew Estates GLF in my Ardor Urano Zulu pipe. This pipe loves flake blends :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!

2015 Peretti’s Thanksgiving Blend in a 2003 IMP horn Meer with a black acrylic stem.

I purchased a few of these tins ( 8 ) in 2014 and a few more ( 6 ) from an individual that sells through another pipe forum. For $7.00 to $8.00 a tin I wish I purchased a few more to age for no more than 5 years. As of now it's no longer available. I find blends with Latakia can lose some of its complexity if aged very long term. A wonderful smoke with NO bite even if you smoke this blend like a freight train:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

La Gloria Cubana Pipe Tobacco in my T. Cristiano Bosso pipe. Everyone should own at least One T. Cristiano pipe in their collection. Reasonably priced and well crafted. Oh, since I posted a picture of my pipe I will also share the price I paid....I stole it on eBay for $40.00 delivered.

KEEP ON PUFFING!!!
8bWPOaY.jpg" style="width: 600px;height: 400px

Status
Not open for further replies.