What are you snuffing?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bernard Doppelt Fermentiert

:shock:   Wow.  Rich stewed fruit aromas in the tap box.   In the nose it's just too hard to describe as there is so much going on.   All sorts of fruit, chocolate, caramel, smokiness, etc.    If OM Lambic was made in a porter / stout style, it might be close.

tslots":ukb2xl1y said:

:shock:   Wow.  Rich stewed fruit aromas in the tap box.   In the nose it's just too hard to describe as there is so much going on.   All sorts of fruit, chocolate, caramel, smokiness, etc.    If OM Lambic was made in a porter / stout style, it might be close.
That's a good one. Beware, it dries quickly in the tapbox..

DrumsAndBeer":k3udkbqt said:
tslots":k3udkbqt said:

That's a good one. Beware, it dries quickly in the tapbox..
I've never had a box last long enough for me to find out. Hands down, my favorite Schmalzer...no exaggeration, I probably get around 5 days out of each tap box. If I'm not using it exclusively, maybe 8 at the max.

Thankfully it's (1) inexpensive and (2) something I think of as "seasonal," cold weather snuffs, so I'm not hoovering it up all year long.

I can't see myself doing a Schmalzler on a daily basis, so I'll just transfer from the tap box to a jar for better storage. Really good though.

PG Apricot to start my day ... followed by a 50/50 mix of WoS Peach Melba and Toque Toffee.

Good mix. Peaches up front, slowly fading to the toffee over 10-15 min.

Tom Buck with some Earl Grey this morning*.
At work it's lookin' like a OM Lambic kind of day.

*Whenever I drink, see, or read "Earl Grey," I always think of good ol' Harlock ("Nightcap in an Ascorti.  Earl Grey on the side.").  I hope he's well, wherever he is.

Blackhorse":986ou0xy said:
I don't know DnB...snorting a bacon cheeseburger just seems a little...um, extreme.
This is remarkably strange flavor. Honestly, it smells like smoked blue cheese. It really isn't bad at all..

McChrystals O&G

Medium to fine grind, good moisture level.  Tin aroma is menthol with a touch of ammonia.  :shock:
Still, I forged ahead.   Very little burn, initial blast of menthol with a nice cooling sensation afterward.   Mild to moderate nic level.   Overall very pleasant and soothing.

tslots":6v7h0syq said:
McChrystals O&G

Medium to fine grind, good moisture level.  Tin aroma is menthol with a touch of ammonia.  :shock:
Still, I forged ahead.   Very little burn, initial blast of menthol with a nice cooling sensation afterward.   Mild to moderate nic level.   Overall very pleasant and soothing.
O&G is good.