What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the gun club last night shooting my Fox SBT with some Carter Hall in the Pete Mycroft...

CLKb1Qil.jpg

and on the water by 9:00 this morning with a 4wt glass rod and some EGR in the B42...

Ulr8PAEl.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French roast with a golden delicious apple on the side. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2021 Erik Stokkebye 4th Generation Evening Flake in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson Ebony POTY 4AB No. 422/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaican Estate Reserve, neat, is my drink. Going to clean a few pipes while I wait for the Braves-White Sox game to start.
4AB_Ebony.jpg

As predicted, my supply of Pegasus is running low. Bought it at 20% discount and will certainly order again when C&D has another bulk sale. In the mean time I have ordered Carter Hall, Borkum Riff Original and Captain Black Original. They are all on my codger experimentation list. I'll pick up Prince Albert, Granger, and Velvet on my next order. Those, SWR and Half & Half should give me a good foundation on the classics. Pegasus is a keeper although I wouldn't call it a codger. It is easy to smoke 3-5 bowls a day of it in a cob.

Attachments

• MM Legend 5th Avenue.jpg
    MM Legend 5th Avenue.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
A quarter of a bowl left of year 2018 Mac Baren HH Burley Flake in a straight smooth dark brown 1918 Pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 2 apple with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Just finished cleaning a few pipes. Watching the Braves-White Sox game. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Fed all the ferals today. Brought all but Harry the Hairy in to eat one at a time. He's figured out that I work in the studio because the last two nights, he's sat outside the room, and yowled for food. He's lovable and affectionate even if he hates other cats.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

A couple of minutes away from smoking year 2012 Esoterica Dunbar in a smooth straight, dark brown early 1960s Lane era Charatan Selected 43 Dublin with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. This pipe was formerly owned by actor William Conrad.
Conrad-Dublin copy.jpg

Just finished a bowl of my random aromatics in the MM Dwarf Cobbit. Kinda lonely sitting in front of the hotel with a breeze coming off the interstate. I don't care much for smoking away from home (mine, or someone else's), but I figured what the heck, as I had some work to do so the time was well used.

On the earlier cigs topic, back when I smoked, I generally stuck to one brand, but would experiment from time to time. I thought Camel shorts tasted real good; whatever they were putting in their other cigarettes tasted like burning trash to me. Lucky Strikes were just kind of meh. Pall Mall reds were a m a z i n g, but you felt like you were on the fast track to emphysema. I don't know if they even make the old filterless PMR's. PM has become somewhat of a bargain brand now.

Good evening gents. Having a short codger bowl of Zippos gifted Condor in a MM general cob. Ice water with some of Jim's bergs on the side. A very warm 91 on the patio but doable with the breeze rolling up the mountain. That's 32+C for you Zippo my friend. Glad you got down to the sea for fish and chips. Will be thinking of you tomorrow when we go to our favorite country diner for the same. No ocean to look at but to get all you can eat for $12,99 I'm not gonna complain, lol.

I’ve owned and smoked that pipe for a very long time. It’s up there with the best of smokers. I actually love its faults, it’s beautiful
@WetPipeDreamer We all have at least one, at some time or another. I lost mine, an enormous Paradis apple. It's in Japan somewhere in a tackle box if it's still around.

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, wild caught cat fish and sugar snap peas dinner. M'lady is making strawberry ice cream for dessert. I'm near the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Stonehaven in a straight black sandblasted 1957 Barling Exel 249 Fossil T.V.F. black billiard with a silver banded military mount and a black ebonite tapered stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Barling_249.jpg

Earlier, I smoked a bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Jim’s Special Flake 2023 in a 1984 black rusticated full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Rusticated.jpg

Currently, I'm half way through this bowl of Ken Byron Ventures Mr. Christian’s Brown Flek 2021 in a 1984 smooth brown full bend Peterson Mark Twain military mount egg with a silver cap and tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_MarkTwain_Smooth.jpg