What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed a little snacking, and am off to the studio with a bowl of year 2020 D&R VIP in a 2004 smooth long shank Trever Talbot Ligne Bretagne Faite en Bretagne 4/3 lumberman with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
Trever_Talbot_LigneBretagne3:4_Lumberman.jpg

I had two pipes filled with Westminster earlier, one was in an MM Boone while watching the debate. Now I'm smoking GLP Charring Cross in an unsmoked MM Iconic Legend.
View attachment 19784
Archie learned pipe appreciation from @JimInks

Somebody had to train the li'l fella. :) Great photo, man. Thanks a bunch. Archie is a very handsome kitten. Let's see a new one of Billy.

Almost a third of the way through this bowl of Wilke Pickett’s Charge in a post-WW2 straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Dublin 3 bulldog with a nickel band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Dublin3_Shamrock.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking Watch City American Cut Plug Mixture in a smooth medium bend terracotta Peterson POY 2023 X160 464/1100 military mount egg with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Thought we might have found a home for Sam the Scamp, but the interested party decided on two baby kittens.
Peterson_POY2023_X160.jpg

Half way through this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. Just fed the ferals, and it's time to check the forum. I may have one more smoke before bed time.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

Wrapped up my day yesterday with some Byzantium in my Anton & Co. with Auchentoshan American Oak on the side. I don't often get the luxury of Scotch anymore, a late Christmas gift from a good friend I had not seen in a long time.

Attachments

• Anton & Co. #2 Maple.JPG
    Anton & Co. #2 Maple.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Good Morning!
All the critters are fed and watered. I'm going to finish waking up with an MM Apple Diplomat filled with GLP Westminster and a cup of coffee. I was up too long watching the commentary on the debate. Based on the shortcomings of the candidates I think I'll write in Daffy Duck in November.

Smoking a JLT Cabinet Selection Churchill with Meerschaum holder. Beautiful cigar laid down in my humidorel in the late 90s. Really good! Watching a great Western. Bourbon my drink. Raining here. Beautiful slow rain in the mancave.View attachment 19780
Nice holder and glad to see you post. I've been craving a AJ Fernandez New World here lately.

Just finished a bowl of my random aromatics in the MM Dwarf Cobbit. Kinda lonely sitting in front of the hotel with a breeze coming off the interstate. I don't care much for smoking away from home (mine, or someone else's), but I figured what the heck, as I had some work to do so the time was well used.

On the earlier cigs topic, back when I smoked, I generally stuck to one brand, but would experiment from time to time. I thought Camel shorts tasted real good; whatever they were putting in their other cigarettes tasted like burning trash to me. Lucky Strikes were just kind of meh. Pall Mall reds were a m a z i n g, but you felt like you were on the fast track to emphysema. I don't know if they even make the old filterless PMR's. PM has become somewhat of a bargain brand now.
An interesting thing I stumbled on about Lucky Strikes is that the tobacco blend in them was part of Half & Half pipe tobacco blend. Never smoked them, but did try Camels and Pall Mall.

I’ve owned and smoked that pipe for a very long time. It’s up there with the best of smokers. I actually love its faults, it’s beautiful
Good for you! And I get it; I have this old Peterson I found at a flea market. It's beat to h*ll, the logo is barely visible, somebody over-reamed the bowl at some point, and the back of the bowl has a crack. But it smokes great and is one of my favorites and to me it's beautiful (looks better in the photo than it is)...

26lneE1l.jpg

Good morning fellow BoBs. Starting with Molto Dolce in the Don Carlos bent brandy and CR morning coffee. Full schedule today. Wife's car in for oil change this morning, then out to the ranch to check on Cochise, back to town for Honor Guard event at 2, out to Dewey for fish and chips at 4. Have a great day everyone.

A nice cool morning after storms and rain. Peterson on Peterson of 3P on the bluff sitting in my usual chair, but with a fallen red oak. It was bent like a Indian trail marker tree with a spring below down the hill, and I hate to lose it. Still, I plucked me a tamper twig off it. I guess it shall become firewood. See background of firewood and MM Pride raw cob picture.
20240209_100826.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_trees
20240628_111224.jpg

Last edited:
Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a golden delicious apple, and unsalted peanuts on the side. I'm near the half way mark on this bowl of Per G. Jensen Blender’s Collection Virginia in a 1980s White Pipe straight, smooth octagonal paneled billiard meerschaum with an acrylic yellow cream colored saddle stem. Working on a review of this blend.
WhitePipe_Paneled_Billiard.jpg

Rained out so the week-end started early - with a nap. All my shrub and perennial replacements will be in by next week-end, only a week behind my regular schedule for the season, I made up some time this week after losing almost three this spring. I like all my planting to be finished by Canada Day, July 1st. Celebrating with a bowl of Oriental Silk in my Bones Dublin and OBB. Cheers, all!

Attachments

• Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    Bones Little Bent Dublin.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0