What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning BoB.
I had some smokes over the weekend I neglected talking about. I had some Velvet and some c'est la vie chocolate éclair yesterday, in the morning and evening respectively.
Today I'm smoking some Newminster Imperial Nougat in my cob.
Yestersay, I made cream cheese, caramel, pickled ginger, and dried out around a half pound of yarrow we foraged. A productive day. Due to a number of obnoxious flies, I got very little sleep and while I intend to make beef bourguignon after I return home from work, I may not have the energy.

Good morning BoB.
I had some smokes over the weekend I neglected talking about. I had some Velvet and some c'est la vie chocolate éclair yesterday, in the morning and evening respectively.
Today I'm smoking some Newminster Imperial Nougat in my cob.
Yestersay, I made cream cheese, caramel, pickled ginger, and dried out around a half pound of yarrow we foraged. A productive day. Due to a number of obnoxious flies, I got very little sleep and while I intend to make beef bourguignon after I return home from work, I may not have the energy.
How do you use yarrow?

How do you use yarrow?
In my home yarrow is usually used to make a tea which my wife drinks to help with menstrual cramps. Apparently it helps quite a lot.
Very rarely, I'll have an issue where my blood won't clot immideatly when I cut myself. I'm not a hemophiliac but the yarrow stops bleeding very quickly when put in a cut so I keep some around and replace it annually.
I also make a lot of soap as a hobby. I'm working on a pan-oregon herbal soap with many wild herbs foraged from around the state including yarrow. It's a fun hobby.

Starting off my smoking day with a bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching the Royals-Guardians game.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Another culprit in small engine implements is octane, many companies design them to be fueled with high octane fuel, not regular. We use Stihl implements exclusively on the course, our mechanic measures out fuel oil into reused containers and mixes fuel in 20 litre cans to meet 92 octane with octane additive. We have very few running problems with our equipment, usually filter related from dust.

BTW so pleased you say trimmer, "weed eater" and "weed Whacker" make me nuts.🤪

Having my breakfast of champions with my coffee. Long hot night and my AC unit keeps shutting down, excessive condensation from the humidity. I had to empty it three times over the night. It is running well, just nowhere to put the water. Have a good day BoB!
Thanks @Singed I've really gotten down into the weeds with this fuel mix thing by watching YT videos by Richard Flagg and Chickanic. I'd be interested to know what pil you use. I got the Echo Red Armor, and I squeezed 2.6 oz into the measuremening part and it did not measure near to 76.8 ml. If I hadn't added a few more mls, it would have been too much gas. That weedeater thing gets to me too. On a tobacco note, I had more smokes that day but didn't post. The new Bluff Blend is a little to much red ginny weed for me-must revise with oh, maybe some Five Brothers 😉.

Good evening fellow BoBs. Since I am down to weekend only smokes I wanted something really good after a wonderful pizza dinner. Think I did it. 2017 Frog Morton in a Sav Hercules 320EX. Couple of drams of Scotch on the side. Very sublime. Cooled down to a nice 75 on the patio. The Frog Morton is really good and pairs well with the Scotch. Perusing the latest P&C catalog. God knows I don't need more tobacco or pipes, but tempted to order some Granger and Amphora Burley based on posts here. Just hate to buy a whole tub of Granger and pouches not available. The VA BBQ went over well. Served about 160 or so vets and staff. Heading out to the ranch tomorrow. The boys need more grain. Have a great Sunday my friends.
Hey @Ranger107 just my 2 cents and everybody's tastes are unique, but the Amphora Original is much better than the Burley. That's what I sent that time. Hope you had a great day!

@Swede You would have to ask our mechanic about the fuel additives. We use Stihl two stroke oil. All our TS equipment is Stihl, the Superintendent has a longstanding professional connection with a local dealer. I can mix oil well enough but to amp the octane is the mechanic's arena. He's away to India for a family death so I may not be able to check with him soon. He is a small engine whiz, though.

When I still had my own landscaping company I used Echo two stroke oil, it's a good product. If I went back to that today I think I would save myself the trouble and buy premixed fuel, Stihl sells it. I would not be surprised if Echo does too. Depending on how much work you do with two strokes it can be a little expensive. If you are using enough to mix five gallons at a time, premixed fuel is not the way to go...$$$.

Last edited:
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and then smoked a bowl of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star Jamaica Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

A third of the way through this bowl of Peretti Royal in a black sandblasted medium bend 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

Did a second set of walking reps, and am not far from finishing this bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Tomato the Brave walked part of a lap with me. That's how I knew he was still hungry, so he's inside and eating. Abner the Eager ate earlier, and is snoozin' in a corner of the den. Harry the Hairy greeted me coming out the door, and also when I finished walking. He'd make a great Wal-Mart greeter.
Wessex_bent.jpg

They have arived! My Velvet, my Country Gent, and my Cobbler. The CG is a bigger pipe than I expected. I fitted the old acrylic stem from my previous Cobbler to my CG, per WPD's "Emergent". I am christening it with Velvet. Will break in the Cobbler with MM 150th, my Breakfast of Champions can return to normal. The Velvet is nice and mellow, a great tobacco for the Gent.
watch-this-space.gif

Last edited:
Just finishing this bowl of year 2020 C&D Virginia Flake in a straight medium brown 1922-1937 Irish Free State era Peterson 222 bullcap with a sterling silver band and a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Getting ready to watch the Braves-Twins game.
Irish Free State bullcap_222.jpg

Relaxing after a wonderful salad, steet head trout, and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm near the last quarter of this bowl of year 2022 unreleased Sutliff Brown Virginia Flake in a straight smooth brown 1933-1945 Comoy’s patent Grand Slam 127 billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. The Braves-Twins game is in a rain delay, so I've been watching the Astros-Phillies game.
Comoy's_Grand Slam_127billiard.jpg