What Are You Smoking Pages.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another good morning BoB,
The centeral Oregon mornings are chilly now. This morning I tried a bowl of Russ' Eau de Vie. This is a very nice blend to be sure but I don't get as much dark fruit as I had hoped for. My favorite flavor in tobacco is dark fruit such as plum and rasin. It's why I like Granger so much, it's rich plum burley to my tongue. If you all know of any blends that are real dark fruit bombs, I'd be love to hear about it!
Tonight, I'll be making a gallon or two of soup stock and I'll use a portion of it to make some chicken noodle soup. Perfect now that the weather is cooling.

Thanks @Singed ! Good luck with your employer negotiation, your work posts indicate you're an asset to the course.

What music genre(s) make up the playlist. Can you post it on YouTube or Amazon Music?
@Balisong : The genre is film soundtracks, and specifically music that is conducive to reading, studying, or simply thinking. I don't necessarily include every piece of music from a soundtrack. I don't know how I would post it to YouTube or Amazon music, but I'll list my favorite composers and some of their film soundtracks that I made use of:
  • Thomas Newman, "Road to Perdition", "Shawshank Redemption", "The Green Mile", "Meet Joe Black", "Spectre" (yes, a James Bond movie). My favorite film composer.
  • James Horner, "A Beautiful Mind", "Braveheart", "Legends of the Fall", "Titanic", "Searching for Bobby Fischer".
  • John Barry, "Out of Africa", "Dances with Wolves", "Cry, the Beloved Country".
  • Alan Silvestre, "Forrest Gump", "Allied", "Father of the Bride".
  • Hans Zimmer, "The Dark Knight Rises", "Interstellar", "The Last Samurai", "Gladiator".
  • Jeff Beal, the "Jesse Stone" TV movies, "House of Cards" TV series.
  • John Williams, "Saving Private Ryan", "Memoirs of a Geisha", "Schindler's List".
  • Ryuichi Sakamoto, "The Revenant".
  • Howard Shore, "Lord of the Rings".
  • George Fenton, "Shadowlands", "Ever After".
Dip into any of those and you'll get an idea of what I mean, and you'll easily put together your own playlist. And just search for playlists of film soundtracks.

Time for some of Rangers glorious Urban Cowboy in one of my favourite pipes, an Erik Nording great dane. This pipe came from the manufacturer with two stems, I think I'll fit the 2nd stem, an extra long Church Warden, whilst I read the Newspapers.View attachment 21452View attachment 21453
Great looking pipe Zippo. I've been hankering a smoke out of my churchwarden, so hopefully Thursday with more home time.

Time for another smoke before dinner.
And it's going to be my own blended Hobbit Weed in my Grandfather's 1911 Henry Tonge.
Our Grand Master of the leaf, Jiminks has the same pipe, but fitted with its original Amber stem. Unfortunately I broke my stem, and it's now fitted with a replacement acrylic, but still smokes superbly.
1911 Henry Tongue .jpg

Another good morning BoB,
The centeral Oregon mornings are chilly now. This morning I tried a bowl of Russ' Eau de Vie. This is a very nice blend to be sure but I don't get as much dark fruit as I had hoped for. My favorite flavor in tobacco is dark fruit such as plum and rasin. It's why I like Granger so much, it's rich plum burley to my tongue. If you all know of any blends that are real dark fruit bombs, I'd be love to hear about it!
Tonight, I'll be making a gallon or two of soup stock and I'll use a portion of it to make some chicken noodle soup. Perfect now that the weather is cooling.
To me, C&D The Beast has lots of this.

A third of the way through this bowl of pre-2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo with Sleepy Suzy by my side. She and Molly Danger have been fed. I'll check on the ferals soon.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a smooth medium bend 2021 Peterson POTY Natural 4AB No. 6/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. Gold Star 50th, neat, is my drink.
4AB_Nat_left.jpg

Did a second set of walks, and smoked a bowl of year 2015 D&R A.B. Rimboche in an undated slight bend, smooth flame grain Wessex Standard egg with a brown accent on the black vulcanite saddle stem. No Abner the Eager so far. Harry the Hairy stood guard at the driveway as usual. There is cat up the street that I have seen several times, and it usually runs from me. Today, it let me get within a few feet of it, and did a lot of meowing. It looks like it's in good shape, and I think it would be friendly if it trusts a human being. Thought I'd share a couple pics of it.
Wessex_bent.jpg

Siam_Stroll1.jpg

Siam_meow1.jpg

Smoking a De Paja bent brandy,Lane LL-7,Bottle of Pellegrino mineral water,It`s been a busy day and I am tired,possibly my last smoke of the day. The new Pete Hudson looks like a nice pipe,the bowl is deeper and wider than I thought it was going to be. which makes me happy!

A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2016 Sutliff 507-C Slices in a straight dark brown 1920s Comoy’s Sunrise Natural S369 squat bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time. Watching the Braves-Nats game.
Comoy's_Sunrise_Natural_SBD_s369.jpg